Stabilizer

dave.g

When wheeling or manhandling the Quest (and presumably other Cruzbikes) the front end tries to flip round heavily if you dont hold the handlebars with care. I wonder if fitting a stabilizer would counter this bad habit?

Here is an example of one made by Hebie.
alt=\"\\"\\\\"\\\\"\\"\" height:=\"\\"\\"\" src=\"http://cruzbike.com/forum/data/sites/default/ckfinder//images/Hebie stabilizer(2).jpg\[/IMG]
Its role on a standard bike is to stop the handlebars from swinging around when the bike is being loaded up. It may be that it would be overwhelmed by the heavy loads a Cruzbike would subject it to - however fitting two, one attached to the top of each fork leg, would be possible.

dave.g

Lets try that photo again

Here is an example of a stabilizer made by Hebie
Hebie stabilizer(3).jpg width: 225px; height: 225px;

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
I agree that when pushing

Hi,

I agree that when pushing the bike, the front wheel is definitely an issue (compared to, well, almost any other bike). But this is not a problem at all when riding the bike. I'd be worried that I was trying to optimize for the wrong situation ( i.e., walking the bike instead of riding it) since we want it to ride well first and foremost.

That being said, I'm willing to believe that one could add exactly that type of device and you might notice that pushing the bike is much easier and that it doesn't change the feel when riding it at all. In which case, I guess you call that a win. :)

Cheers,
Charles