Suggestion: Priming the pump of CB Riders (and buyers)

bobw

One of the dynamics that I think that I've observed in the market is:
  • Many riders "know" that they want to end up on an S30 or V20. These folks may already own a CA2, M5, or other high-performance bent.
  • However, buying an S30 or V20 is a huge monetary commitment, and these highly-reclined bikes may not be the best platform for initial learning.
  • Currently, "the market" is left to sort this out, resulting in a pool of used entry-level bikes (eg, QX100) offered at various discount levels.
  • So high-performance buyers either buy two bikes at retail or roll the dice that an S30/V20 will work for them.
  • SUGGESTION: Cruzbike, Inc. or a third party maintain a pool of QX100's (ideally with 406 wheels) for one-month rental. Set the rental price at $200. Have Renter #1 ship the bike directly to Renter #2. The $200 rental fee can be credited to an S30/V20 purchase at list price. (A Renter may also purchase the rental bike.)
I suspect that financing would be available for the rental fleet. Start with 3 bikes. Make a waiting list. Grow things as merited.

Perhaps this has been tried? I recall a 30-day MBG on the entry-level bike. That was dropped, perhaps with good reason.

Anyway, if this ever goes, sign me up!

Bob