Suspension fork ajustment

rearengine

Can someone tell me if there is a way to adjust the ride softer, or harder on a fork that would come on a chain store bike ? A mongoose bike to be specific. The fork stanchion, ( or what ever it's called ) is welded to the legs,so the legs can't be turned to adjust like on better forks. Thanks Bill

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I'm not sure, Bill, so don't quote me on this. I think those forks pretty much are what they are. No adjustment.

Mark

rearengine

Mark thanks for the bad news, Ya I think your right, no adjustment. You get what you paid for, The fork that came with the bike hardly compresses . I have a better fork on my tiara frame. I just didn't want to take it all apart,when I could be ridding.. Take care Bill

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hey Bill,

Sorry, I seem to have missed this post.

If the fork "crown" has rubber plugs on each side, you can pry those out and there should be a nut down in the hole as I remember. Place eveything so you wont get hit if something comes loose, and back the nut out on both sides with a long-reach socket. The crown should separate from the lower section.

I **think** there will be either a spring or a series of "rubber" elastomers in there.

The issue will be getting tuning parts that will fit in the low-buck suspension tube.

As Mark infers, it might not be worth the project time.

Best,

Doug