T-50 fit questions

xmlscott

New Member
I’ve ridden about 150 miles on my new T-50 (Love It!) and have been experimenting with position adjustments. I’m interested in feedback and others experiences..

What I’ve Done:
View attachment IMG_6197.jpeg
I rotated the handlebars so that the ends angle down rather than back. I have mild tennis elbow these days and that angle is more comfortable/aggravates it less. Having bars that bent down more radically so that the grips were near vertical might be even better if I can find one that’s wide enough, but it’s working well as is and puts my arm in the position the fit videos suggest.

I moved the seat back support fork to the next attachment point back, and compressed it as far as it would comfortably go. I think this is as much lean as I can get, and it’s very comfortable. The only drawback is that the rear rack doesn’t fit, but cargo isn’t a priority yet.
IMG_6198.jpeg

I’m curious about the effect of switching the rear seat support to the higher attachment point (see under-seat closeup above). It looks as though it would help resist slipping forward on the seat (which happens a little but doesn’t seem like a problem) how much does it affect back angle?

View attachment IMG_6199.jpegIMG_6198.jpeg

I’ve got to replace my seat pan (cracked… new stronger one shipped to me almost before I’d finished telling them about it), so now is the time to experiment.
 

Rampa

Guru
I had ther original aluminum seat, but have since mounted an old Rans seat. But with the original seat, I found having the nose up a bit really helped the sliding forward issue. So do try the other mounting position.

The limit on leaning the seat further back is the inner legs of the brace. Experiment with other things first, but I shortened the inner legs by a couple inches. That allowed me to drop the inner leg yoke down into the outer leg tubes up to where the tubes of the yoke start curving inward to the seat back mount. Don't do anything to the outer leg tubes, only the inner ones!

It also makes the yoke a tuning fork with a higher pitch. ;)
 
Top