T50: obstacle in frame

celerator

A few years ago I managed to hide electrical wires in the frame of a recumbent. It was easy: A thin thread slowly inserted through one of the small holes in the frame is blown out at the other end by compressed air (ca. 8 bar), all other holes taped up, of course. The electrical wires are tied to the thin cord and pulled through. The Flux bike even has a very narrow spot at the intersection of the fork shaft with the main frame.

Repeating the experiment with a Cruzbike T50 now failed miserably. The thread does not find its way out, held up something, possibly by sharp edges of the rivet nuts, or what else? Thought I ask before taking the bike apart to look inside with a fiber camera.....

Anybody with an idea or solution?

Thanks

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I might try using a brake cable as a fish tool. It might be strong enough to get past what is holding up the string. Of course the hardest thing is pulling it out through the hole when you see it. But maybe just the exercise will free up the space for the string to blow through

RAR2

A few years ago I managed to hide electrical wires in the frame of a recumbent. It was easy: A thin thread slowly inserted through one of the small holes in the frame is blown out at the other end by compressed air (ca. 8 bar), all other holes taped up, of course. The electrical wires are tied to the thin cord and pulled through. The Flux bike even has a very narrow spot at the intersection of the fork shaft with the main frame.

Repeating the experiment with a Cruzbike T50 now failed miserably. The thread does not find its way out, held up something, possibly by sharp edges of the rivet nuts, or what else? Thought I ask before taking the bike apart to look inside with a fiber camera.....

Anybody with an idea or solution?

Thanks
Maybe a vacuum?