T50 wishes - What do Europeans like?

So, our first shipment of Cruzbike frames is on its way to our shop in Dordrecht (The Netherlands).

We will build:
  • a T50e according to EU law with a rear hub motor and choice of battery (400/500/600Wh)
  • a T50 with a Nexus8 hub
  • a T50 with a derailleur setup - probably the 'standard' 1x9 with SRAM or Shimano
Of course we would like to incorporate Western-Europe weather conditions, riding style and use-cases into our builds. So fenders, rack and lights should be on our list.

Question to our European members of the Cruzbike family: What should we build to fit YOUR needs?

Please reply to this thread and/or send a mail to dordrecht@maia.nl

Best regards,

Gert Lunenborg
Maia bikes & trikes

McWheels

Off the long run
'ello Gert. I'm over near Bristol in the UK. I've been running a V2k (sofrider) for the last few years as a commuter bike for 4500 miles, and these are the sorts of things I've found useful:
- Full length fenders, including an extra long mudflap on the front wheel to protect the rest of the machine from dirty water.
- Hub dynamo at the rear
- B&M Front and rear dynamo lights (front on the steering column, rear on the rack and/or mudguard)
- A bell
- Ergonomic grips - somewhere for the palm to sit
- Grippy pedals in the wet. I've got Nukeproof Electrons because my feet are big and because I don't own cycling clip-on/in shoes/pedals.
- Ability to vastly change the seat angle - I'm down to 39 deg with a lay-back seatpost and reversing the clamp. I manage without a headrest.
- My commute has changed lengths over the years, but I'm still on the original pair of Schwalbe GreenGuards because they're a good balance between puncture-resistance and rolling resistance.

Of course this is sample size = 1, and I don't claim to be everyman, so it's just what I think.

Hi Mr McWheels ;-)

Thanks for your reply, that's pretty much what Dutch riders also like when they are commuting and randonneuring. Of course every bike can be build to personal wishes and I will certainly add a lot of your list to our menu :)

Best regards
Gert

Well, I have all Cruzbike bikes in my shop, with shipping, import duties and VAT prices are still reasonable for complete bikes. I feel that the T50 might be more suitable for touring around the home and in the city and the only one I think which might have an e-option. Plan to build one with Alfine 8 or 11 as well.

Well, I have all Cruzbike bikes in my shop, with shipping, import duties and VAT prices are still reasonable for complete bikes. I feel that the T50 might be more suitable for touring around the home and in the city and the only one I think which might have an e-option. Plan to build one with Alfine 8 or 11 as well.
And as a dealer it's good to get to know the Cruzbikes and assembling/building a few on a frameset might be a good learning experience.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Lots of people migrate from trikes to CB, but I see more going to the v. Over there I could see s40 taking the lead, but with m5 there, and limited climbing..... I would think t50 non electric would not inspire

ThunderThighs

I had a look at the T50 but as it beeing advertised as a arround town bike i settled on the S40 because I wanted to do longer rides on it . As I have a roadbike that I dont use anymore I could transfer 90% of the parts over to a new build .

3bs

whereabouts unknown
I have a t50, and I like it a lot for short rides and poor surface mup and gravel roads. It can be made much faster than the stock set up. But I agree the s40 is better suited for travel