Tacx Desktop App - Custom courses

AlexisBV

Hello all,

Just came across the Tacx Desktop App while looking for ways to create a custom workout that is slope/distance based, to simulate an actual physical course. The execution in the Tacx app seems great, much more interesting than what I've seen previously when starting a few years ago.

That being said, with winter around the corner, I plan to to my serious training with TrainerRoad. That being said, it would amusing to have the Tacx app listening in to the power broadcast without controlling the trainer (if possible) and show my progress along a real world route.

However, if you want to create a custom GPS course, you need to have a premium (paid) subscription. Since my training is really in TR, I don't want to pay for something secondary like this - essentially 10 freedom-bucks a month for eye candy, that would probably be best employed elsewhere. My question is, if I pay for a month or two and create my custom GPS workout/course during that time, then I stop my subscription, do I lose access to my custom courses?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I don't know about the TACX software but you can create a live route into a Zwift workout via this link https://whatsonzwift.com/gpx-to-zwift-workout/
Not only do you get the workout but the multitude of other options Zwift offers. But when you quit the monthly subscription you no longer have access to the workout. But if you return later it will still be there in your files. Lots of people stop and start there subscriptions several times a year. When they return they pick right up where they left off with all their data.

AlexisBV

Thanks @trplay for the reply. I do recall seeing Zwift being able to do something similar. The thing is, Zwift also requires a subscription, and I'm not a fan of the recurring cost aspect of it for eye candy - the multiplayer aspect is interesting but not really applicable when in a TR training plan. I do have the GTA V mod that allows me to train in the mean streets of San Andreas, though I find the grade changes in it a bit excessive still.