Terracycle GlideFlex

chrisblessing

My primary aim in assembling a 20" conversion on a folding frame was to allow the bike to - well - fold. While I'm partially there, one of the toughest parts to get past is the folding steering stem. The Kit's pivot clamp inside diameter is too small for the base of the frame's provided steerer tube. Currently I'm using the Kit's extended steerer tube. What I'm wondering here is whether the Terracycle GlideFlex might allow me to have a folding stem, and, if possible, it it would be a good solution.

alt="Terracycle GlideFlex"
glideflex.jpg

The steerer tube would have to be shortened just enough to allow the GlidFlex to clamp on above the pivot clamp, and then the cut portion would be used in the pivoting clamp of the GlideFlex. This would provide both a folding and adjustable steerer tube.

Thank you.

Chris

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Metal flexes. Joints flex

Metal flexes. Joints flex too. Each additional joint and each additional metal element between grip and crank detract from the feel and the power transfer. This is why Silvio and Vendetta have a single telescoping tube from handlebar to crank.

The stem pictured is adequate merely for turning the wheel. Being part of the framework that you hang onto when pedalling, is not what its designed for.