The Cricket

it may have escaped the notice of the Leftpondians but there's a world cup on right now.

I just wanted to point out that @super slim's team had one of the easiset matches to start with, but still managed to make heavy weather of it ;)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
it may have escaped the notice of the Leftpondians but there's a world cup on right now.

I just wanted to point out that @super slim's team had one of the easiset matches to start with, but still managed to make heavy weather of it ;)
The World Cup is not until 2022 in Qatar!

What World Cup???

I had to due a Google search, and found Cricket World Cup in England!

I think 7 wickets in hand, is an easy win over Afghanistan!

There was no results on how much the grass grew during the day!

jond

Zen MBB Master
Pan who are the world champion one day team. Australia. And we know how to ball tamper in public. At this point I’ll fall back on my expat status me lad .

jond

Zen MBB Master
And here I was, thinking Australians spoke English. My bad.

-Dan

Pah Lol autocorrect

wait up you speak English in Arizona Retardistan.

Well shoot my tires tyres and take me to jail gaol.

It’s just not cricket playing only World Series Baseball.

Dan everyone knows in straylya we speak strine not English. Lol.

jond

Zen MBB Master

Let’s talk about Pakistan beating up England last night and what this means for the old blighty. Three pussy cat meow. It hurts so much. Cricket it’s a way of life.

McWheels

Off the long run
We'll see when the Windies' battery takes on Kholi and co. Hope for a WACA for that one, could be exciting.

Saffers are worried though. 3-prong pace attack with 2 MIA. Love to see Steyn tear it up though. Little-known rule from the IPL: On taking a wicket, the bowler shall punch an imaginary hedgehog.

It was a better defeat than the Aussie win, only England can be glorious in defeat and then make the best comeback since sliced bread.

As for English, don't get me started on my first trip to Texas - fortnight - what's that?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Pah Lol autocorrect

wait up you speak English in Arizona Retardistan.

Well shoot my tires tyres and take me to jail gaol.

It’s just not cricket playing only World Series Baseball.

Dan everyone knows in straylya we speak strine not English. Lol.
You have to forgive Jond, as he is a NSW ex convict, so they created a different language so the guards could not understand what they were saying!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
You have to forgive Jond, as he is a NSW ex convict, so they created a different language so the guards could not understand what they were saying!!!

Nah mate I’m born in England,s pontefract where they make the cakes.

You must be almost devoid of youth in South Australia by now .

I know I looked at your sad demographic facts as per last census.

People only resettle there to die seemingly. Certainly not to work or marry someone under 55.

Still you do have coopers.

I tell you true the great Australian bight needs to be a lot bigger.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Nah mate I’m born in England,s pontefract where they make the cakes.

You must be almost devoid of youth in South Australia by now .

I know I looked at your sad demographic facts as per last census.

People only resettle there to die seemingly. Certainly not to work or marry someone under 55.

Still you do have coopers.

I tell you true the great Australian bight needs to be a lot bigger.
We still have heaps of Kids, as the life style is that good that parents, want to bring extra life into it!!!!!
Unlike NSW and especially Melbourne VIC, where cars regularly run down pedestrians in the mall shopping mall, or a crossing to the main Train Station!!!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I think we need to add a sticky or add some kind of footnote to threads that have the banter to warn new, uninitiated Tribe members "beware Aussie spitting contest below"

jond

Zen MBB Master
Conversation overheard on a crowded train yesterday - Oi, you can't stand in first class, you're Australian

We Aussies are an egalitarian mob. We don’t even draw breath when our indigenous sports stars do not sing the national anthem.

We gave our women the vote before anyone else.

Struth. We colonials know a good thing.

How’s the weather. Lol.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
decades ago, when i studied in London, i was most comfortable with aussies on walkabout. being a midstate american on what was soon to be called a "mountain bike", i didn't stick out as much.

cricket is still too intelligent for me.

but i love sevens and std, and i cant help it.... footy as well.

The weather's great, we're having another drought this year by the looks of things.

Only one cricket match gone down to the unfathomable Duckworth-Lewis method so far.