The G4 Bicycle , Potential MBB/Cruzbike Diversification Candidate?

McWheels

Off the long run
I've seen the evolution, but the 2-chain system is pretty common in racing faired recumbents. Slash who wins the UK champs routinely at the age of 175 has this inside his nose-shaped fairing. It's also what most of the battle-mountain types do so they can compress the front end as much as possible. For a pure performance machine where you can add aero, there's a lot to be said for it.

Kervelo is the othe side of that coin, cycling on the axis of the front axle with an in-built hub like the Crypto Bantam from 1896. I really rather liked their tilty-trike and wish I had had the wherewithal to get one. And then Cruzbike has done FWD balanced against simplicity and commercial reality. All have plus points.

But I won't be an internet keyboard self-appointed legend and director of good taste. We need to keep pressure on even our niche status-quo because there might be something better out there, and the person selling it might be over-enthusiastic, might have implemented it imperfectly, and we might not like the colour. However we should keep looking for the diamond in the rough, and perhaps there's an aspect we can work into what we're doing now.