the kind of front wheel drive and riding techniques

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
This is how I categorise the field of FWD and associated riding techniques.
FWDcategories.jpg width: 974px; height: 459px;

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Speculoos?
Thanks for posting

speculoos.jpg

Speculoos?

Thanks for posting the diagram. I think it's clear to see that we're all here because we either believe in the concept of Cruzbike or that we're satisfied owners. For me, it's interesting to see how the chain management and geometry play into how the bike handles and is ridden.

kidneyboy

The lowracer I'm building

The lowracer I'm building has about a 60degree headtube angle. The difference between how it handles, or works if you will, is really quite different from the Silvio. It isn't just wheel flop at low speed, the whole experience is different in a fun way.

bikemann42

geometry

I built my MBB FWD "Jackknife" recumbent over ten years ago, loosely based on the Traylor geometry. I can't remember what the head angle was, but I can see some benefit of pointing the headtube as near your crotch as possible. Then, on sharp corners, your legs don't smack into the steering post. This may be exaggerated for me, since I have a ridiculous X-seam of 49" plus. Someday I would like to revise my design for larger wheels and a bottom bracket level with the seat. I can't fit off-the-rack bikes, so I have to make them. Photos of my homie bikes are at the link below. It includes some RWD's, but mostly "Jackknife".

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105634275432432706410/albums/5672170479462995569?hl=en