The last mile

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well, things are improving. Getting even more into riding my vendetta. I bought a skinsuit from aliexpress and it came with a thick pad. I practiced key hole surgery on the pad and it ended up like plucking a chicken... but it's certainly an improvement. So hydration for me is ultra important due to the hot climate I'm in. I just want a thin film of fabric resting on my skin against 40kph breeze. Ahhhh glorious even the mosquitos don't have a chance to bite me.

I like to go out early but traffic here starts early as not many do a 9 to 5 here.

I am generally trying to keep my heart rate down to 120 to 140 bpm but today I felt so good at the end of my ride that it was all for nothing.

Well my ego sure presented me with the opportunity of testing myself.

But first I had the issue of sticking the wheel in a hole with the ejecting juice bottle. Fortunately no pinched wheels either.

I noticed that the pirelli cinturato velo 26mm; pressure can be 115psi with a tube and tubeless 87psi. Big difference so I have a 100psi up front and a rear at 87psi.

The new skinsuit doubles as a wing foil swim costume too so it's a bit bright , especially with the yellow shoes and gradient full face visor.

If you see me passing you, you will want to grab my wheel ... if you can.

So... target in sight at the end of my ride... didn't take long. He got to the junction of the main road 20 seconds before me... lucky him, he gets across without waiting, with a tail wind. By the time I get across after a number of cars, he is like very small looking down the road... there is no way of me catching him fast but I wanted to try. So pumping it up from a stop start to 40+kph and I get to him after a 3/4 mile. Now should I stick on his tail or surprise him by overtaking. I felt good so I passed him pretty quickly so he really had to try hard to get on my wheel.

I kept my distance ahead, puffing out every 10 seconds; like my heart was jumping through my chest for about 2 minutes, watching him very intensely in my mirror. He had his head down and really really pedalling hard... so so pleased he gave up. He looked incredibly fit and stayed with me for nearly 2 minutes.

So I had reason to celebrate tonight,I found my wahoo bolt elemnt under the driver's seat of the car... how on earth did it get there and it still has 72% power.

20210611_122033.jpg
This visor doesn't fog up probably because at 9 o'clock it's already 24c. The brown lense illuminates everything very well and it's a little more socially acceptable.

vExotica.jpg

woohoo.jpg

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Nice going David! It sure sounds like you are enjoying it. The bike looks great. And that lense.... What is it!?!?!?

DavidCH

Beware though... you need to use it with a hydration tube bite grip. Instead of wearing an over the top TT helmet mid summer, you can use it with a very light well ventilated helmet. Just a little bit larger helps the air flow.

jond

Zen MBB Master
The joys of finding your Garmin under the car seat after checking there twice is almost as good as holding off the df group chasing you never mind it was only one rider. Two wheels right. ;)

The joys of finding your Garmin under the car seat after checking there twice is almost as good as holding off the df group chasing you never mind it was only one rider. Two wheels right. ;)
I hope I have the same luck finding my Wahoo HR module I lost last weekend in my truck. I have torn my truck apart looking for it to no avail. I know I put the strap and module in the truck, but only found the strap.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I hope I have the same luck finding my Wahoo HR module I lost last weekend in my truck. I have torn my truck apart looking for it to no avail. I know I put the strap and module in the truck, but only found the strap.

yeah we have all done it.

As I age I seem to be inexplicably doing doh moments more.

I stand in front of the mirror till a wry smile appears as I conclude I’m lucky to be here even if the Garmin has vamoosed vanished. Permanently or otherwise....

good luck Andrew.

DavidCH

I realise that I value that wahoo elemnt so much that I am debating buying a packet of apple Air tags, they might be thin enough that I can stick an air tag on the back. Having the elemnt on the bike again probably would stop me as I generally like my heart rate to be lower than 170 bpm.