They stole my Silvio

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Therefore I am getting another one. Cruzbike had a S40 frame that somebody bought and returned. I thought that it would be quicker than waiting for a new one that has not been manufactured yet. I did not want to wait. Anyway I want a frame because I want 650b. Now that it does not have suspension I want squashy tyres. And I want a slot into which to insert mudguards. I will get a XX1 cog and derailleur and make a friction shifter. I know how to do this now. And all the shortening and lengthening of the boom and turning the bars round will start again.

Sorry to hear about your previous Silvio, but it sounds like you are going to have a kick-ass S40 pretty soon! We are looking forward to you showing it off on here once the build is done.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Pollock said:
Recumbents do not do that. That is DF.

I was an early adopter of XX1 on my (gone but not forgotten) Silvio. Have you seen all the derailleurs they sell now? What is the difference between them? My head hurts.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
It’s April and they are fools.

How are they going to ride your inverted bars, inverted heel clips and inverted rider position?

Borrower - Please return it to its inverted owner and go to the local garbage inverting store (community bike shop) and get yourself an inverted inverted bike to spank your bum in the way you are used to.

I wish it was a joke.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Thieving animals. Karma will visit them how they are. Unhappy.

Best wishes on the replacement. Who knows you may find the s40 sufficiently different to temper the loss.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I chose the S40 because it is similar to the Silvio.

in deed in terms of recline. But all those bosses etc and wide tyre selection may make up partially for the loss of suspenders. She will be lighter at any rate and that will be all smiles.

. Look forward to your unique take and interpretation of the s40.

you may also get the silvio returned one day. Hard not to be angry and hurt.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Frame arrived. In the end I decided to order rr481 rims. Cannot get any kind of rear hub with Sram driver body anywhere. I telephoned the bloke who imports White Industries into the UK and he said I could have one in July. So I got Hope RS4 Microspline and a 12sp 10-51 Shimano cassette.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Frame arrived. In the end I decided to order rr481 rims. Cannot get any kind of rear hub with Sram driver body anywhere. I telephoned the bloke who imports White Industries into the UK and he said I could have one in July. So I got Hope RS4 Microspline and a 12sp 10-51 Shimano cassette.
Kinda out of curiosity, which WI hub were you looking for? I saw a new rear green T11 listed online in a shop in Japan for ¥33,000, which is around $300.
http://www.cycly.co.jp/Shop/Items/DW2DHM0

It must be a regional problem. I just got a new wheel, wanted a climbing one with wide gearing capacity. Enve 3.4 AR and Hope hub both have long delays, I ended up getting Zipp 303 Firecrest, DT Swiss, and Seam XD with no delay. (I’ll share the final results later.)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I want disk brakes therefore that White discovered by @Frito Bandito is no good for me. But it is another example of what I was saying before. It has Microspline driver body. No XX1, even in Japan. So I decided to go for Microspline. Got hubs. Got the cog. Could not believe the amount of searching I had to do to find a derailleur. They all have short cages. Eventually found one with a long cage. What a palaver. They should give me a discount. I feel like I have earned a consultancy fee. Now for the cranks. I had Redline before. I wonder how hard it will be to find them again.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Cranks are getting tougher to find. I ride 155mm w a wide 2x - 52/34 - thanks to several folks on the Forum who talked me into trying the wide spread. Almost impossible to find now that folks like Rotor are making mostly 1 piece 2x chain sets that only come in traditional pairings. Had been riding a Rival shortened by Mark at Bikesmith Fabrication but just had my right pedal strip all the threads out of the crank arm. Complete thread failure. And I’m not throwing down 1200 watts ever. Had to put on an old 105 set but 165 is the shortest available in the US and my knees don’t like that. Still searching

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Was actually on the phone w them today. They can’t do their light weight carbon cranks in that configuration but may be able to in their AL alloy crank set. Thanks!

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Hi @paco1961. I have a set of 155mm SRAM Apex cranks (also shortened by Mark) that I am not using. They're in fine shape. Let me know if you're interested. Also I swung a reduced price with Speed and Comfort for two sets of their carbon cranks, sans chainrings (just the arms and spindles). They use the SRAM three-bolt spider pattern, so I put a five arm spider on them from Aerozine. Viola! Ready for regular rings. Aerozine sells both four and five arm spiders, in both 110 and 130bcd.