Transport cruzbike

Koshka

I am considering buying a cruzbike. My concern is driving it to trails. I see a lot of posts regarding hitch racks. Has any one had success with truck racks or putting their bike in their trunk (with fold down seats)?

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I have a 1998 Honda Odyssey and I fold down the rear and one of the middle seats and fit a QX100 or S40 diagonally without problem. A car trunk with fold down seats is harder but usually doable depending on the car dimensions but can be awkward to lift in and out. Mine has gone in a pickup truck bed laying down loose for shorter trips. I would do it that way but strap it if I did that for a longer trip. I would not mount it in one of those axle mounts that you take off the front wheel because it would be a bother and would not use it on the rear axle for fear of twisting something. Over the tailgate might work but it is not a rugged mountain bike.

I have partially disassembled my Q by removing the seat, then rear wheel, then shock and rotating the rear swing arm under to overlap the front wheel. Or done the same with removing both wheels. This makes a much smaller package that packed in with the luggage much easier for a driving trip.

wbauch

I think the best way to use your vehicle to transport your bike is through a bike rack. You can use Platform vs Bicycle Mount. I have taught myself how to put my bike on a rack and have been successful on many trips. And it has made my life so much easier.