Truth Be Told in the Video

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I had a little break today from riding and work, so I wanted to upload a clip from my ride the other day. I called it "Hooked on a Feeling...and it's a Vendetta". It's pretty short and not exciting at all, well except for 2/3 in, at least for me it was. Yes it's boring, sorry for that, and into the sun too. Anyway, those are my excuses for now, and probably can come up with more if I need to. I'm not sure why it's so degraded after uploading to YouTube. Ivan's videos look absolutely amazing.

Here is a Link to YouTube!

joy

I caught one today too!

Husband and I were on the Legacy Trail in Fl. riding against a strong head wind. I was leading on my Silvio, husband on his Bacchetta. We caught a DF roadie and rode behind him for a bit. I wasn't sure of drafting etiquette, plus he was going slower than I wanted, so I pulled along side and offered to let him draft. Husband passed him too and made the same offer. We lost him shortly thereafter. Mental fist pumps as we went by.

telephd

Guru
Rick, was trying to tell

Rick, was trying to tell which frames were actual speed. Im assuming it was as you were approaching the DF rider? Cadence around 60-70? I was noticing that your front end is very quiet, no wobble what so ever. That is my goal though Im aways away on my S-1.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Telephd - my normal cadence

Telephd - my normal cadence is about 75 according to my Garmin. Once the Df'r was in sight I slowed the frames down to actual speed. Yes, no wobble.

Zzorse

"I'm not sure why it's so

"I'm not sure why it's so degraded after uploading to YouTube. Ivan's videos look absolutely amazing. "

I hope Ivan can solve that for you, because then you'd have some of the best looking videos out there.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
The video looked pretty good

The video looked pretty good in HD mode. It had defaulted to 480p but I changed it to 1080p HD to watch it.

All that green looks weird though. Bob and I, and probably some others, are stuck dealing with a lot of white stuff.

confused_smile.gif

-Eric

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Try Video Monkey

Rick,

Try pre-converting them to MP4 with Video Monkey which is free for you Mac. I'm pretty sure it'll work; I developed the settings for visualhub back in the day and Video Monkey is using the code tyler released to the world when he killed visual hub. They output pretty optimal mp4's for youtube and prevent youtube from reconverting the files.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Bob, I downloaded the Video

Bob, I downloaded the Video Monkey. There may be Malware attached to the download - I don't know for sure, but my Mac got it's first taste of a Virus right after I downloaded it. Also it would only convert the video to low definition.

Wannabe

Great Video Rick. Maybe we

Great Video Rick. Maybe we could ride together some time since we are only one state appart. DO you ever come to the Lafayette, Louisiana area for some of this great food?

I know the feeling Rick.

I know the feeling Rick. Opportune to pass peloton of cyclists is quite frequent where I ride. Wished I had a video cam to film their reaction and subsequent attempt to chase me down. Good fun.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I pulled the current copy

I pulled the current copy from videomonkey dot org and it came up clean on my machine very odd. I sent you a link to two different clean versions to play with.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Okay, thanks Bob.
Using GoPro

Okay, thanks Bob.

Using GoPro Studio I did all of the editing, and also un-sharped the video in hopes that the road asphalt won't pixelize so bad.

The original video was shot in 1080P at 60fps.

The above video reflects the new changes using Video Monkey and exporting 2-pass into MP4.