Tubolight tire insert as a safety device for tubeless front wheel

TransAm

Tubolight has a tire insert available in multiple sizes for many applications, but the road version for 23c-28c tubeless road tires is probably most interesting to Cruzbike riders. It is designed as a safety device, to avoid the tire coming off the rim after a flat. Weight is only 11 grams.

Tubolight – The fastest and lightest inner tire insert – The fastest and lightest inner tire insert

Because front flats are a problem that often cause a crash on Cruzbikes, many riders have gone tubeless. This is both to reduce the probability of a front flat, and because the tighter bead fit of tubeless tires and rims tends to keep the tire from rolling off the rim (at the cost of making it more difficult to roll the tire on the rim when mounting).

Tire inserts were developed for MTB tubeless tires for rim protection, and to keep the tire in place and provide run flat protection (especially for downhill MTB racing, where front flats are an even bigger problem that causes even more spectacular crashes). They have become pretty standard equipment for MTB enthusiasts, and are getting more popular with gravel and cyclocross riders too. So they are becoming available for smaller tires and wheels.

I have not tried these because I am currently running a 30c tire on a wide rim for winter riding. I'm looking for a tire insert for this setup, so if anyone has experience with inserts for larger road tires, I'd like to hear about it.