Turn it over

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Early on in my experience of bents, I discovered one major advantage of the DF format. If you want to do something mechanical to a DF bike, you can turn it over and it is very stable upside-down. I have to unscrew the headrest from my Grasshopper, and then the fight starts. The handlebars are on a long tube which pivots forward so you can get on and off. As I am trying to turn the bike over, the bars are swinging around, trying to give me a black eye. Then I manage to stand it up upside-down on the seat-back and the handlebars. The centre of gravity is so far forward that it has a tendency to fall forward onto the bottom bracket, so the front wheel has to come off. If I want to remove the back wheel, I have to find lots of heavy things and try to hook them into the frame or onto the luggage rack. The conversion-kit is even worse. The only place to hook things is high up on the frame. This stops it falling forwards, but makes it more likely to go sideways instead.

When people ask me if I like my weird bike more than an ordinary one, I say I only like it when I am riding it. When I am not I miss a DF.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I recommend a Silvio

The Silvo is beautifully designed in that it can be easily flipped and rested on the tops of the brake.lever hoods and the top of the back rest. In this position, the Silvio is very stable and allows one to easily remove the wheels for tire changes or perform derailleur adjustments. I can almost guarantee that you won't long for your DF anymore when the need for maintenance arises.

Kenneth Jessett

Carrying a Cruz bike

A bit off this topic, but I carry any of my bikes in the trunk/boot of my car by lowering the rear seat and taking the front wheel off.

I don't want to have to go to the expense of buying and fixing a carrier for a Cruz if I ever do get one, but this is an important factor towards making a decision.

So my question is for you Vendetta/Silvio owners, have you been able to transport either of these bikes inside a car?

Ken.

richa

Quest can be flipped

The Quest can be placed upside down, resting on the handlebars and seat back.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Silvo fits in a Kia Sedona Minivan...barely

The seat height is the cintributing factor that keeps the bike from being wheeled in an placed upright. If I lean it slightly, it will fit with both wheels on.