SOLD - UK - Cruzbike T50 with Emeljay Conversion and Carbon Seat

Gromit

Guru
*** SOLD ***

My Cruzbike T50 with Emeljay conversion and carbon seat is SOLD.

The bike was built earlier in 2020 from a T50 frameset. Information on the build and Emeljay Conversion can be viewed at this Cruzbike forum link.
Basically the Emeljay conversion improves the stability of the T50's steering. Easier to ride.
The transmission is very similar to that on the Cruzbike S40. SRAM Apex 1 derailleur. A 1x system. Gears are shifted by a SRAM Rival double tap lever just behind the right-hand brake lever.
The mechanical disk brakes are TRP Spyre with 160mm rotors. The same as the S40 again.
Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres are fitted. They are highly puncture-resistant but also very free-rolling.
I have fitted light mounts front and rear (lights not included).
The Shimano SPD pedals, mirrors and seat bag are included in the sale (but not the bike stand).
The price is £1,350. (The bike cost £2,000 to build).
Please contact me via forum message.

Here are some pictures. Parts list below the pictures.

Note - If you click any of my pictures in this thread you should be taken to the same picture in my flickr photostream.
Clicking on the pictures in the flickr photo stream view will show an enlarged version of that picture.
There are also a few more pictures of the T50.

T50 build cycle parts list
Cruzbike T50 frameset. Black frame + Black assembly
On-One Midge Handlebars - polished black
Foam rubber handlebar grips + black plastic bar end plugs
Giant Contact OD2 (1 ¼") 50mm length stem
SRAM Rival brake levers/shifter (Rival 22 front brake lever/gear shifter and Rival 1 rear brake lever)
Shimano SLR Brake Outer Cable + stainless steel inner cables
Clarks gear cable (stainless steel inner cable)
SRAM Apex 1 GXP Road Single Chainset 42T with 165mm cranks
SRAM Alloy GXP Road-MTB Bottom Bracket English thread 68/73mm
SRAM Rival 1 Derailleur - Long Cage
Shimano SLX 11-Speed MTB Cassette (CS-M7000-11 (bs)) 11-40T
SRAM PC-1110 11 Speed Chain
Double-sided Shimano SPD pedals
TRP Spyre mechanical 160mm disc brakes (post mount with 6 hole discs) front and rear
26" Disc Brake Wheel Set with black 20 mm (intl) rims (25 mm extl) - 32 spokes
Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres 26" x 1.5" (40-559)
Schwalbe SV12A Inner Tubes (Presta valve) - 26" Tyres - (25-559 to 40-559) + spare tube
Busch & Muller Cycle Star Mirror - Short Curved 901/3 (RHS)
Zefal Spy Mirror (LHS)
Ocean Cycle Carbon Fibre Seat - medium size (Made in Cornwall, UK)
Ventisit seat pad 91×26/24/26 cm - Comfort version (3cm thick) - Medium size (SKU 1068)
Terra Cycle FastBack Carbon Slim Seatback Bag - for carbon fibre seat

Transmission's gear inches - 26.9” to 97.7”

*** SOLD ***

Last edited:

Vellobike

Hi, is the frameset this year’s model? What’s the weight of the build? Why have you decided to sell almost immediately after posting the build details? What was the reason for buying this model over the S40? Have your modifications altered the ability to adjust the seat angle? Thanks.

Gromit

Guru
Hi, is the frameset this year’s model?
I bought the T50 frameset from the stock of Cycles Bentoline, in France, in May/June of this year (2020).
There are no indications anywhere on the box or the frameset as to the model year but as far as I am aware there have been no major changes in the T50 since the launch on Kickstarter in 2017.
What’s the weight of the build?
The T50's weight with a pair of double sided SPD pedals and the lightweight seat bag included is between 14 and 14.5 kilograms (I measured 14.2kg = 31.3 lbs).
Measured by weighing myself on a pair of digital bathroom scales then weighing myself and the bike together and subtracting the difference so probably accurate to the nearest half kilogram.
Why have you decided to sell almost immediately after posting the build details?
There is nothing wrong with the bike or its handling. Perfectly rideable. I've had two Cruzbikes before this one.
The problem is with deterioration in the body of its rider which I do not wish to discuss in an open forum.
What was the reason for buying this model over the S40?
Price. The S40 frameset costs three times as much as the T50 frameset. By the time that carriage, customs duties and VAT(including VAT on the carriage:() are added, the price would be way beyond what I would want to spend on a Cruzbike. The T50 frameset cost around half of my £2,000 build cost.
Have your modifications altered the ability to adjust the seat angle? Thanks.
Yes but I would help advise a new owner on how they might modify the carbon seat, seat brackets(s) and struts to alter the seat angle. The new owner could perhaps use parts from the original T50 seat frame/struts which would be included in the sale of the bike but that would add some weight IMHO.
The Emeljay conversion allows a lot more flexibility in handlebar position than the standard T50 set-up, of course.

Are you in the UK, Vellobike? If so then please send me a forum message so we can chat about the T50. :)

Last edited: