UMCA Across Washington N to S - 2015

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hmm - 4:30am Pacific time ....I was testing my crank lengths again on a local track - of course it was 7:30am my time, so not quite as early.
Goooo Lief. Hey - Bob - did he or your create a public group for the Glimpse updates? If so, what is the group name, I've got the app, just need to know how to connect to see Lief myself. Thanks

If this app works good, I'll try and use it on the Assault on Mount Mitchell race. It is this coming Monday (5-18), starts at 6:30am EDST.
http://freewheelers.info/assaults/assault-on-mount-mitchell.html
102.7 miles, over 10K climbing - just a Sunday afternoon ride compared to what Lief is doing today!
Maria, Ben and I will be in a field of about 1000 riders.
According to Jim, there are the current "bent" records:
Here is an unofficial listing of AOMM recumbent records:
Fastest man: Doyce Johnson, 2000, with a time of 6:39 on a front-faired Easy Racers Gold Rush.
Fastest male rookie, 2014, Charlie Ollinger, with a time of 6:53:48.
Fastest woman: Maria Parker, 2014, time of 7:25:53 on a Cruzbike Vendetta, (also rookie-year record)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Somewhere near the mid point. We could say he's laying down the law at 28mph but he is riding a vendetta so we'll credit him as cruzing along

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 11.43.49 AM.jpg

He's been hauling. When we talked before the ride he was hoping to sustain 18 mph. He's blowing that average up. He's already almost to Moses Lake and it isn't even noon. Go Lief Go.

ratz

He's been hauling. When we talked before the ride he was hoping to sustain 18 mph. He's blowing that average up. He's already almost to Moses Lake and it isn't even noon. Go Lief Go.

Yep the only 17 going on is the hwy number right now. Pretty much out of the hills and on the flat now.

LITW3.jpg

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I've been seeing some upper 30s lately...

Saw a 37 and a 38 but I was a little too slow on command+shift+4...

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 3.39.18 PM.png

ratz

80 Miles to go; and technically it's all down hill from here.... technically.

Lief4.png

Near as I can figure he's now 60 or so miles from the finish. The route was ~254 miles. So he's about 195 into it. Saw a 40 mph reading not too long ago.

One other thing to note is that I'm pretty sure the Glympse phone is in the SAG vehicle. Average speed is fairly accurate but individual speed numbers may be deceiving.