upgrade

I'm a new convert to Cruzebike

I'm a new convert to recumbents due to a back injury combined with the need to keep fit.
I've recently purchased a Quest 1.0 complete with BB7 all around. I'm getting used to the intricacies of riding and enjoying the experience.

I'm interested in the cost of retrofitting to V 2.0 specs. This should assist the newer riders. I also think you would also get some good follow ups from developing a retrofit kited on reading your forum.
Love the Silvio / Vendetta style. Can you fit a Silvio boom ( swept back boom and handlebar set up ) front end to a Quest - What's the impact?

Many thanks for your thoughts/ advice.
Happy to discus offline if necessary

Stuart
8253761@gmail.com

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
2.0 spec

Hi Stuart,

It's hard for us to support upgrades like this directly with parts, because we have to buy everything in lots of 100.

When I built the Quest 2.0 prototype using a Quest 1.0 as the base, the DualDrive Hub kit was $476 including shifter and clickbox, the rim had to be replaced because the 1.0 uses a 32 hole rim and the US-available Dualdrive Hub is a 36-hole hub. So the Rim and assembly labor for the wheel were $140 at my preferred bike shop. The E-ring isn't available separately; I used a Freerider single ring crankset.

The Silvio front end requires the fork to work with the carboyoke and inner-outer dropouts; the Quest rear swing arm won't accept 700c wheels (stays aren't long enough).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Doug

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

Upgrade follow up

Thanks Doug
I understand the commercial imperatives to service this market.
Future upgrade considerations:
Sell v 1.0, and repurchase v2.0 vs own upgrade costs
Ability to resell Quest v.1.0
At this stage, very happy with bike but recognise advantages of duel drive etc
Will continue to develop my skills
Whats you thoughts on rotor crankset.

Stuart