V1 v2 v3

jond

Zen MBB Master
I have a sofrider v3. The v3 version dropped the front suspension. Oh and congratulations. I love mine. Indestructible fast enough and with air shock comfy as real comfort. ;)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
It's blue, the rear swingarm is narrower and longer than the grey-painted V1, the front suspension is visible, and, finally,
the downtube is bent subtly.
It's a V2 Sofrider.
What colour is the Softrider V3?
I know that the V1 BB Boom is 31.9 mm OD and the V3 is 34.9 mm OD,
Do you know if the V2 is 31.9 or 34.9 OD

jond

Zen MBB Master
DF8D3D99-8187-4398-8220-C4D9F3FB045B.jpeg
What colour is the Softrider V3?
I know that the V1 BB Boom is 31.9 mm OD and the V3 is 34.9 mm OD,
Do you know if the V2 is 31.9 or 34.9 OD

v3 is blue with black fork sans front suspension. Looks exactly like V2.
Yep 34.9 mm boom. Old yella is 50 mm proving bigger can be lighter slim. ;)

Be interesting to know if the geometry was kept the same after deleting the front suspension. Fork change or different headstock. No matter I’m very happy with the sofrider.

Last edited:

Ralph Gabb

I just purchased a sofrider could y'all help me determine what version it is?

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 12

jond

Zen MBB Master
I just purchased a sofrider could y'all help me determine what version it is?

v2. Blue front rear suspension. Congratulations now ride that bike. Love mine. Gets along on the flats around 26 klm per hour cruising. That is with marathon plus tyres at 30 psi. The maxxis detonators at 100 psi were no faster. 2” big apples were slightly faster and weigh less than maratnon plus. But on the sofrider it’s about comfy speed not outright speed.

Ralph Gabb

v2. Blue front rear suspension. Congratulations now ride that bike. Love mine. Gets along on the flats around 26 klm per hour cruising. That is with marathon plus tyres at 30 psi. The maxxis detonators at 100 psi were no faster. 2” big apples were slightly faster and weigh less than maratnon plus. But on the sofrider it’s about comfy speed not outright speed.
Thanks! I'm super excited. I have a Trident trike and love it. But I'm looking forward to being up a little higher and possibly going a little faster than the trike. I've got to work on my balance. I got better today but not perfect yet. Love it tho

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Who knows the years the different versions of the Softrider were released and what colors were available with each version? Thanks