V2 vs V20 - what are the differences?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
david that looks like large chainstay in pic. Did you run original boom with large chainstay too.
Definitely large chainstay... i set the bike up in this configuration for the world's human power vehicle championships. Little did i know that there was a friggin big hill to climb. (It's definetely easier to climb with a not so horizontal boom so opted to ride with smaller chainstays from now on). That hill by the way was horrendous. Thick chip tarmac , with steep camber on one side of the road 5 to 6% for many many kilometers. I tried it twice and fell off twice. It pissed me off so much I walked the rest of the way only to find out that my cleats had worn out. It zeroed my confidence and I chickened out of the main event. My gearing was maxed out and I had midsole cleat adaptors which I took off and put the gifted cleats in the orthodox position to give me the necessary torque needed!

I did not realise my cleats were ruined and derailleur hanger was bent, until later after the race.

Some kind person gave me some old cleats that I put on the next day and I went back to that friggin hill and I climbed it all the way to the top.

frigginBigHill.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
when switching to genuine tiller bikes I take a few hundred metres to stop inputting my arms. I’m all over the place.
When I did this I just about crashed...every...pedal...stroke for 30 meters. Rode it enough to reaccustom myself and then promptly gave that bike to my uncle. Never again. :D

@billyk - I know a guy near you (ahem) who has a couple V bikes you can try out any time you like. Mine is perhaps too tall for you...so we can tighten it up a bit and just deal with the loops in the cables.

billyk

Guru
@Lief nice to hear from you!

I'm vaccinated. Does that mean I can ride it without a mask?

Yeah, I should know what a V feels like.

How about another Seattle group ride one of these days?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Lief nice to hear from you!
I'm vaccinated. Does that mean I can ride it without a mask?
Yeah, I should know what a V feels like.
How about another Seattle group ride one of these days?

Yeah - a seattle group ride really has to happen. This summer needs to be 2X longer in order to fit in last summers' activities I think. :D
I'll put together a date-picker-page and post it somewhere and tag ya'll.

And yes, my V20 has been inoculated against all human borne virus' - no mask required.

gasev

It can be done... is it worth it?

It makes the bike more multi configurable. The old V2 ... you had to become quite ingenious to max the aero configuration. The great thing about the old v2. Was its chrome boom and decals. You could also hide the cables better.

To give respect to my bike... when I finish my riding days... she will be restored into her glory and hung on the wall. Fabulous bike. Brilliantly engineered. Gives you the ride of your life every time.

View attachment 11439
Can you give me more info on your hydration system please?

ccf

Guru
It can be done... is it worth it?

It makes the bike more multi configurable. The old V2 ... you had to become quite ingenious to max the aero configuration. The great thing about the old v2. Was its chrome boom and decals. You could also hide the cables better.

To give respect to my bike... when I finish my riding days... she will be restored into her glory and hung on the wall. Fabulous bike. Brilliantly engineered. Gives you the ride of your life every time.

View attachment 11439
Is the Speedfil bottle easily removable, like a standard water bottle from its cage?

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Can you give me more info on your hydration system please?
It's a speedfil F1 hydration unit. There was a post in one of the forum's with another rider who had a disc brake adaptor linked to this hydration unit, but I prefered to run it on the back of the seat. The way I mounted it was rubbish. It basically needs someone to produce a 3d adaptor so that it can fit securely. I just used cheap plastic tie wraps that just about worked if the hydration unit wasn't too full.