V20 Adjustment Problems

For the life of me I can't get the Backrest to release from the frame. The two screws are loose. The front screw dropped down. The rear screw just extends upward. I have tried to nudge the Backrest rearward and then used a wood board and hammer. No luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 18
It looks like you have the old clamp style. These used metal pieces and some foam to keep the headrest bars in place. My guess is that the metal piece has jammed on you. I would probably take both screws all the way out. Look inside the frame for the metal piece. You can probably use a screwdriver or something to unjam that piece. Taking that top screw all the way out will let you see what is jamming against the headrest tube.

I would then order a Perez clamp from Cruzbike. Good luck. Those old clamps are a pain.

Try tapping the screws (after screwing them out partially) in with a hammer. This should release some tension of scissor clamps. There’s probably some corrosion to overcome. Then add some twisting motion to the headrest while pulling on it.