V20 framesset on ebay

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Recumbent-Bicycle-/161509036177?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item259ab05091

?Currently $810, but reserve not met.
6 days left
About a month too late for me!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I wonder who the seller

• I wonder who the seller is?
  • Could it be someone who frequents this forum?
  • The shipping is on the high-side at $150. Through Bikeflights.com, shipping should be less than half of that. I'm not sure of the Vendetta box size, but a 20 pound package measuring 48" x 8" x 28" with a $2,500 value ships via ground for $69.
  • I've never been a fan of eBay auctions with a reserve.
  • It has to be a great feeling to see that box arrive on your doorstep; sort of like Christmas morning when you were a child.
  • I'm sure my wife isn't bidding on this one.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Probably

Very likely the person that won it at the show in IL; doubtful there would be any other new v20 in the wild in IL that someone did really want in the first place. That's disappointing but it's tempting to low ball bid it no?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"Very likely the person that

"Very likely the person that won it at the show in IL..."
I need to start attending bike shows if there are prizes like this!
thumbs_up.png

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
If the seller knew, he could

If the seller knew, he could probably post it here and make more money than he would on ebay. Mark it at 20% below MSRP and make about $2,000 and pay no fees. Everybody wins.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Don't quote me though I know

Don't quote me though I know there was one that went home with someone I assumed it was a raffle version purchase. But I wasn't there. Just a tad outside my road trip range.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I hear you. Most of those

I hear you. Most of those shows happen nowhere near me. NAHBS 2014 took place in Charlotte, but I wasn't able to make it even though it was only about a one hour drive away.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Price is now up to $1500.
I

Price is now up to $1500.
I asked the seller "why?" and he said he "doesn't ride recumbents".

What a shame - at least it'll likely be going to someone who wants it.

So, Ratz, your guess (raffle winner) is IMO, spot on.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Makes you wonder why someone

Makes you wonder why someone who doesn't ride a recumbent would enter a raffle to win one. I'd still sell it here rather than paying ebay's fees.

LarryOz

Andrew - you said you are

Andrew - you said you are only an hour from Charlotte. Are you talking NC?
I live in Hendersonville, about 2 hours from Charlotte.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Larry - I used to be.

Larry - I used to be. I lived in Columbia, SC until July when my career path took me out to Washington. I was lucky enough to live only a couple hours away from the Parker's.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
There is no comparison to

There is no comparison to being a couple hours from The Parkers - but now Andrew is just a couple hours away from me! :)

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"There is no comparison to

"There is no comparison to being a couple hours from The Parkers - but now Andrew is just a couple hours away from me!"
And you have a Vendetta that I'm going to have to ask really nicely for a test ride. :)

dieselJosh

No Cruzbikes were raffled or given away at the recumbent con

I was at the recumbent convention in St. Charles, IL. No Cruzbikes were raffled or given away.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Clearly, one must come to the

Clearly, one must come to the conclusion that the frame is a counterfeit. Be wary of cheap high-tensile steel and poorly made melt-forged castings. If I had the authority, I would seize this faux Vendetta for the betterment of everyone.

LarryOz

I think it is real. The box

I think it is real. The box looks just like the one that I got.
Hard to know though, unless you can touch it and compare it with an actual one.

unc99

The ebay listing refers to it

The ebay listing refers to it as a "medium". Is that correct? I thought the new V20 only came in one size (like the Silvio)

LarryOz

I think the new V20 frame is

I think the new V20 frame is designed to cover a wider range of Xseams than V2.0
Although, if memory serves me correctly, there is still a "large" size available.
Robert can probably confirm this???

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"I think it is real. The box

"I think it is real. The box looks just like the one that I got.
Hard to know though, unless you can touch it and compare it with an actual one."
Yeah, I'm sure it's real. It's just odd that someone who doesn't ride recumbents would have a NIB Vendetta.

True story about counterfeits...I came across two very good examples in my day. One was a folding "A Bike". I had a real one and I bought a second one that I knew was fake because of its price. Between the packaging and the bike itself, the two were identical. The fake one even appeared to be a high-quality machine. However, one of the pedals shattered after just a few rides and it became clear that the materials used were not the same as on the genuine article.

The second one was a ladies "Rolex" Datejust that I found in my front yard. The watched appeared authentic to me. It was heavy, well-detailed and even had the proper locking crown and automatic movement. I took it to a jeweler to try to find out if they could locate the owner by it's serial number. This fake even had the serial number engraved between the lugs - something that typically separates the fakes from the real thing. The jeweler couldn't find the serial number in her database. She opened the watch for further inspection and at first she assured me that it was a genuine movement. After having two other experts examine it, they concluded that it was a fake, but the best one they have ever seen.

I eventually found the owner through an ad I placed in a community bulletin board. She acted as if the watch was authentic and it meant so much since her husband bought it for her. I didn't feel it was my place to say any more about it. :)