V20 (Near) Perfect Fit

Leif

Rain & mudslides have taken their toll on most of the roads where I usually ride, so the V20 with its minimal tire clearance (Conti 4000s 700x28c) has stayed in the stable this winter. I've had a few close calls in the past with twigs & such locking up the rear wheel so it's worth it for me not to risk a crash and besides, It's a perfect excuse to rock the S40!

Anyway, the V20 downtime has given me the opportunity to tinker with trying to get a better fit which for me means more arm extension. In it's stock configuration, there is no way for me to achieve this without having my thighs hit the handlebars which just ain't acceptable. I've tried several different drop bars, bullhorns and the curved slider. Alas, nothing helped. I got close with the curved slider but honestly I didn't like how it looked. I know, petty, vain etc., but what can I say?
My most recent attempt has been a steer tube extender which seems to be (so far) the best mod for this endeavor. I took it out for a spin today and for the first time since I bought the bike, I finally feel like I'm making the most of my legs and arms while powering the bike down the road. I feel the most improvement while climbing which is a huge plus.
Here's some pics:
IMG_20190317_081204.jpg IMG_20180703_165504 (1).jpg IMG_20180703_165504 (1).jpg IMG_20190317_081204.jpg IMG_20190317_081204.jpg IMG_20180703_165504 (1).jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Rain & mudslides have taken their toll on most of the roads where I usually ride, so the V20 with its minimal tire clearance (Conti 4000s 700x28c) has stayed in the stable this winter. I've had a few close calls in the past with twigs & such locking up the rear wheel so it's worth it for me not to risk a crash and besides, It's a perfect excuse to rock the S40!
Nice!
Leif - The way you have the V20 setup with the higher seat back (Thor seat I suspect) and the higher handlebars, it looks more like an S40!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
The seat angle looks like an S30:), I like it! What is the final seat recline angle, I wonder?

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Anyway, the V20 downtime has given me the opportunity to tinker with trying to get a better fit which for me means more arm extension. In it's stock configuration, there is no way for me to achieve this without having my thighs hit the handlebars which just ain't acceptable.

One other way to get more thigh clearance along with good arm extension is to go to shorter cranks. For every cm shorter you go, you can extend the boom a cm, while having a shorter crank on the upstroke gives your thighs a cm further from the bars. So in reality, you gain 2cm of thigh clearance for every cm that you shorten the cranks: 1cm from being able to lengthen the boom, and 1cm from the crank being shorter on the upstroke. The opposite is true too-- every cm added to crank length costs you 2cm of thigh clearance.

Now let me echo other's sentiments and say how great your bike looks, and what is that seat? Thor? and if so, which one? or another brand?
Also mounting details please!