v20 Seat padding

Derek

I am experimenting with seat padding options for the v20. I have been happy with my Ventisit padding for outdoor riding, but I recently set up a dedicated v20 Zwiftmobile on which the Ventisit seems to be suboptimal due to its absorption of sweat - becoming funky very quickly given there's no UV light to kill the bacteria. I have been taking the pad outside daily but am sick of that procedure and am trying to figure out an alternative. I bought a 1/2" thick yoga mat and cut it to size. It fits great and provides more than ample padding, but it is hot as hell on my back. Has anyone gotten comfortable using a yoga mat? do you just run hot and deal with it or are all yoga mats not created equal? Am i approaching this wrong and should try some other non-yoga mat alternative? any suggestions/experience appreciated!

Beano

I went with the seat cushion came comes with the bike, not the Ventisit one, the standard cushion. Every week I'd take the cover off and give a hand washing. Soaking in soapy water and rinse it out a couple of times.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hot as hell, sums it up. Yes I have a yoga mat, it's kinder to my back and clothes and gives me some great speed. I have had thoughts of scooping out a channel in the middle but think it would look like a hatchet job so have just left it as is.

The ventisit pad is unbeatable in the summer as I just get too hot with the yoga mat.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Also. First line of defence against stinky gear is getting rid of moisture. The ventisit allows for breathing but will still slow drying a little. So what I do is stop all fans, wait for blowing to stop, spray inside my shoes and ventisit (still on seat), place shoes by fan, turn fan back on low The fan stays on low all the time unless I forget. The room has a dehumidifier running much of the time because it is the basement. This set up means I only rarely have to wash it. My ventisit washing consists of taking it in the shower and spraying through it for a while. I have never used any cleaner on it only the Norwex odour eliminator spray after each use. All my sweaty or rain-wet gear gets the same treatment: hang up to dry by the dehumidifier until dry before putting in the wash. This REALLY cuts down on the work required.