V20C - Prototype

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I am happy to announce that Cruzbike has graciously provided the prototype of the first V20C to me for the Cruzeum and to so some testing with.
I love the one-of-a-kind "brushed aluminum" frame. I intend to buff it out and get it clear coated at some point
It is not 100% road worthy at this point but it was enough to ride around block.
What fun - can't make any real comparison between my V20 right now - but intend to do lots of testing when I can - including the differences between the new seat and the stock seat.
I just ordered the curved slider and a new Flo wheelset for it and intend to put 32mm tires on it.
I have already equipped it with SRAM etap 11-speed and Qring (53 tooth), and 140mm cranks (My existing GSP shortened cranks fit the stock BB which is great news)
From what I can see setting them side-by-side there is very little difference.

I will post more as I have it.

20220620_181752.jpg
20220621_194443.jpg

benphyr

Guru-me-not
At first I thought we were comparing the two pictures, then I realized that the gold V had the seat off so that we can see the frame comparison they look pretty much the same!

I like the brushed aluminum look too. Maybe some camouflaged silver retroreflective logos on top of your clear coat can blend in with the brushed metal look? It might get poor-quality mirror looking if you polish it up too much - but those are just my preferences.

It appears as though the old golden RAAM frame has seen so many rides that the sweat soaking has finally made it to the aluminum and is blistering the paint in a couple places. Am I seeing that right? How many hours do you have on it? Do you have more than 100,000 km on it?

Vulcanelli

Could you comment on the headrest on the white bike? It looks like a custom setup as I don't remember seeing it as a Cruzbike option.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Could you comment on the headrest on the white bike? It looks like a custom setup as I don't remember seeing it as a Cruzbike option.

Vulcanelli

OK, thanks. I see now that it is not a stand alone accessory. I will inquire as to whether they would sell just the head rest so I can try adapting it to my stock S40 seat.

Beano

OK, thanks. I see now that it is not a stand alone accessory. I will inquire as to whether they would sell just the head rest so I can try adapting it to my stock S40 seat.
I recommend the suspension adjustable headrest. I found with my S40 that cycling with my head on the stock headrest didn't feel right and would often ride with my head and neck a couple of inches forward of the headrest. Bought a suspension headrest and the comfort has gone up a few notches for sure.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend the suspension adjustable headrest. I found with my S40 that cycling with my head on the stock headrest didn't feel right and would often ride with my head and neck a couple of inches forward of the headrest. Bought a suspension headrest and the comfort has gone up a few notches for sure.
This.

The new headrest I am not sure would work at all with the stock seat, as It likely would not be able to have enough extension to be useful on the stock flat back seat.

Vulcanelli

The suspension headrest looks like it would be worth trying. I like the simple design. Right now I have the performance adjustable headrest which is hard to adjust with four screws and sliding tubes. It seems over built and clunky for a headrest. What I would like is something I could reach back and adjust while sitting, which would be possible with a single lever tightener like on the carbon fiber seat rest.

LarryOz

My last purchase from Cruzbike - Curved slider and a 3-pack of the new Vendetta Jerseys! I might never have any of the 3 new colors of V20c's but as least I have the Jersey's for them! haha
Next up: report on the V20C with the curved slider and what the differences are between that and the straight one and also a comparison with the original V20 with the curved slider.
V20C curved slider and 3 Jerseys.jpg

LarryOz

OK - My FLO77 tubeless rims came today. I also have a pair of Pro One 32 tubeless tires. After about 2 hours of work I get them all mounted and installed on the V20c. I definitely like the look of the wide rims. The V20c is starting to look faster everyday! haha
v20c with flo77 wheels 32mm tires.jpg

Here are some shots of the wheels. Wow - the 32mm tires are really large when compared to my 22mm I have a this other wheel!
The 32mm makes the wheel another 1" taller that a 22mm. When I compared my existing FLO90 with a 28mm tires the difference was still 1/2" in height. Here are some pics of the wheels to see what I mean.

New FLO77 with 32mm tubeless.jpg32 mm tires versus 22mm tire - top.jpg32mm versus 22 mm tire - side.jpg

I rode around the block a couple of times. Can't really tell a huge difference from what I am used to - Mostly 28mm - I'll have to dial the pressure down once there are full sealed then it might seem more comfy. Max PSI is 70 for the 32 which seems pretty low. The do hold a lot more air that is for sure!

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Bike is looking great Larry, and those wheels do too. I bet the ride is going to be plush with the 32mm Pro Ones. On my tubed 23-25mm tires, a single 16g CO2 canister gets the pressure up to well over 100psi. Maybe someone with the same wheels and tires can stick a tube in one and test what a 16g CO2 canister will get the pressure up to. I'd imagine that it could be under 100psi. If for some reason owners get a flat then they can just throw in a tube.

LarryOz

In preparation for another Century Record Attempt (Roebling Racetrack) I got my V20C all dresses up for speed. I have a test ride on the track tomorrow if it doesn't rain:

rear covered disc
frame under seat covered
stock seat/headrest
racecase
140mm cranks
wing CF handlebars with internal cables
curved slider with internal cables

V20C - prototype- aero version.jpg

Hoping to do the record attempt on Thursday if I can find 1 more person to be an official.
Here is the racetrack. They said it was newly paved a month ago - so it should be much faster than that road I did the last attempt on which was pretty old and rough.
Roebling Racetrack.JPG

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I am not so sure. If it was pink then they could call it lady penelope. Then the name Parker would give it even more meaning.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I think the stiffness will give it some greater potential for sure... my hunch is that you will have over a 3 watt advantage

I’d be interested in any wind tunnel tests. The ovalized boom/slider with integrated clamp and new fork look like there’ll be some aerodynamic advantage.