V2K Rear Triangle/Swingarm

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I am curious as to whether the V2K rear triangle/swingarm assembly is avaialble separately. I have a donor frame which is aluminum, but the swingarm is a heavy and ugly steel piece. It would be nice to have an all-aluminum frame.

Thanks.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Andrew...

The frame subcomponents aren't available separately.

I usually source things like this on Ebay when I'm doing conversions or prototypes.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
in the sporting goods section...

then outdoor sports, then cycling.

"Swing Arm" usually works for me.

They're sporadic, but if you're systematic, you can get some good stuff. I've scored 3 carbon fiber K2 Proflex swing arms that way, form $15 to $50 USD.

You might e-mail Maria directly to see if she has any damaged returned frames that she'd consider selling you all or part of.

If your frame is typical, a V1 swing arm will probably line up the shock with your existing front shock mount better. The V2 uses a shorter vertical dimension on the swing arm that may cause you shock alignment problems.

Cheers,

Doug

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Thanks again.

I have a bid on one now. Yes, it will take some fabrication to make it work, but that's part of the fun.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
From another post...

Andrew, from another post of yours, I think you are converting a Tiara frame.

I installed a K2 Proflex carbon fiber swing arm I picked up on Ebay on a Tiara frame. A little fabrication required, but not much. And the resulting frame is quite light.

Keep looking and you'll find what you want.

Installed:

IMAG0321a.jpg

Swing Arm:

K2_Eaton.jpg

Bushing Adapter turned on my lathe/mill:

swingarm_adapter1.jpg

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
That's exactly what I am planning.

However, I don't have access to a metal lathe. Getting parts custom machined might get to be expensive!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Didn't win that auction...

...and missed out on getting a carbon swingarm (and MTB frame too), but I have a price point in mind and didn't want to get caught up in a bidding war. As for now, I will just keep the stock Tiara swingarm and see where the project takes me.

Hi Doug,
Love that bike but

Hi Doug,

Love that bike but is it a standard conversion kit? It has a different boom and seat to what I can see in the conversion kit. It is a good looking conversion and would be what I am after.

Nataly