Varibike trike

Opik

Looks like a marriage between handcycle, cruzbike and python, and read somewhere someone has owned both a cruzbike a d varibike preferes the varibike trike ( isnt that an oxymoron? Bike n trike)

Think it will be good for the disabled and those who cant balance. Pretty big cargo rack at the back too

Probably time to revisit the cruzbike trike and make it not as a kit but like this?

The patent war will be fun though

wpe97e546c_05_06.jpg

Video

Site :
http://www.varibike.com/trike_recumbent.html

BJ686

Interesting. Given the massive popularity of trikes, I’ve always thought that Cruzbike could make a lot sales if they could develop a Front wheel/mbb trike.

Opik

Interesting. Given the massive popularity of trikes, I’ve always thought that Cruzbike could make a lot sales if they could develop a Front wheel/mbb trike.
Certainly

The varibike trike offers possibilities and opened my eyes of what is possible. Change the MBB to cruzbike style and cut the handcycle part is doable.

Although, maybe aome people want the handcycle part to remain as it means you can fully engages the whole body

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I moved to Seattle area and am now looking to find some fabricators "up here" to help make the tiltmaniac version 2.

.. and then I want to have a fairing made, and have a traffic-height tilting trike.

Having the rider's eyes being above-hood of most cars is one of the things I believe is important. This is one of the reasons why the Cruzbikes make sense to me as a base for such experiments-- the height is right.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
if you want a trike that is that tall, it will have to be a tilter, or pretty slow because the rear wheelbase will have to wide to support handling.

Frankenstrike is essentially a low racer, and the rear wheel width even with negative 12 degrees camber is still tricky the trike is super fast, but you have to be smart about high speed tight turns.

in the projects cue is a t50 based lowracer trike. the rear wheel stance will be 2 inches wider. i have the parts now, but i have one project ahead of it i have to finish first. then, based on that data, i expect to do a vendetta based one.

Attachments

• frankentrike front view.jpg
    frankentrike front view.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • frankentrike rear view.jpg
    frankentrike rear view.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

super slim

Zen MBB Master
if you want a trike that is that tall, it will have to be a tilter, or pretty slow because the rear wheelbase will have to wide to support handling.

Frankenstrike is essentially a low racer, and the rear wheel width even with negative 12 degrees camber is still tricky the trike is super fast, but you have to be smart about high speed tight turns.

in the projects cue is a t50 based lowracer trike. the rear wheel stance will be 2 inches wider. i have the parts now, but i have one project ahead of it i have to finish first. then, based on that data, i expect to do a vendetta based one.
I think the T50 is the best Cruzbike for converting to a tilting or solid Delta trike, as the seat can be moved forward /Aft a lot to achieve 33% load on each wheel, and the rear seat stays put 50% of the pilots weight directly to the rear wheels!!!!!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler

Those look great - Not much off from my Magic, with the tilting rear end: Yes, she is fast. :eek: - and since a trike I could put a full disc on the front with not much fear of getting pushed over by any wind.
Magic trike (2).jpg

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i dont think larry is running a huge on magic maybe mid 50's

frankentrike the front ring is a 68 i think. remember the front wheel is only 451. it pedals out early 30's

Attachments

• frankentrike side view.jpg
    frankentrike side view.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16