Vendetta V 2.0 for sale: asking $2,100

Glory707

Due to my recent purchase of a velomobile, I'm selling my beloved Vendetta V2.0. It's been a fantastic bike for me for many years and I hate to see it go. I haven't ridden it much since I bought my velomobile and I'd rather see it go to someone who will put it to regular use.
The V2.0 has the stronger boom to fork connection for more power transfer. It's the same version as what Maria rode in her first RAAM.

Ultegra 6700 groupset, including triple cranks (52, 39, 30) and long cage rear derailleur
170 mm crank arms
10 speed rear cluster 11- 28
Mavic Ksyrium 700C wheels with bladed aluminum spokes (updated from original wheels)
Near new Vredstein Fortezza Senso Xtreme Weather 700 X 28
Zefal Spy mirrors

EXTRAS (not installed):
-Never used size large yellow "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly"
-Brand new never used T.A. specialties 39 & 26 tooth chain rings
-Extra wide handlebars
-Brand new set of spare brake pads
-Brand new Perez clamp for headrest
-Brand new Moose pack
-Brand new spare headrest cushion
-Brand new spare pair of Zefal Spy mirrors
-Spare Mavic Ksyrium Elite original front wheel

According to my Park chain tool, the chain is not past the limit but should be replaced soon. However, although functional, the 52 tooth chain ring has seen better days. (FC-6703). A replacement chain ring is readily available through Peter White cycles for about $85. Paint is in good shape overall with some chips here and there.
Please note the photos marked 1R & 2R are the most recent photos of the bike. You will notice the main difference is the grey "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly". The original one had a bad weld that eventually cracked so it had to be replaced. I purchased the replacement chainstay assembly from member BJ686.

Please PM me and I'd be happy to answer any and all of your questions, including doing a video call inspection, if you'd like.

The bike is located near Asheville, North Carolina. Local pick-up is available, otherwise packing and shipping is available at buyers expense.

Attachments

• Vendetta 1R 20230912_131857.jpeg
    Vendetta 1R 20230912_131857.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 147
  • Vendetta 2R 20230912_133026.jpeg
    Vendetta 2R 20230912_133026.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • Vendetta V2.0 20140215_125549.jpeg
    Vendetta V2.0 20140215_125549.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • Vendetta V2.0 IMAG0438.jpeg
    Vendetta V2.0 IMAG0438.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • Vendetta V2.0 20140215_113927.jpeg
    Vendetta V2.0 20140215_113927.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • Vendetta V2.0 IMG_20200425_164933891.jpeg
    Vendetta V2.0 IMG_20200425_164933891.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • Vendetta V2.0 IMG_20200425_164745492.jpeg
    Vendetta V2.0 IMG_20200425_164745492.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 144

John Burrell

Due to my recent purchase of a velomobile, I'm selling my beloved Vendetta V2.0. It's been a fantastic bike for me for many years and I hate to see it go. I haven't ridden it much since I bought my velomobile and I'd rather see it go to someone who will put it to regular use.
The V2.0 has the stronger boom to fork connection for more power transfer. It's the same version as what Maria rode in her first RAAM.

Ultegra 6700 groupset, including triple cranks (52, 39, 30) and long cage rear derailleur
170 mm crank arms
Mavic Ksyrium 700C wheels with bladed aluminum spokes (updated from original wheels)
Zefal Spy mirrors

EXTRAS (not installed):
-Never used size large yellow "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly"
-Extra wide handlebars
-Brand new Moose pack

According to my Park chain tool, the chain is not past the limit but should be replaced soon. However, although functional, the 52 tooth chain ring has seen better days. (FC-6703). A replacement chain ring is readily available through Peter White cycles for about $85. Paint is in good shape overall with some chips here and there.
Please note the photos marked 1R & 2R are the most recent photos of the bike. You will notice the main difference is the grey "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly". The original one had a bad weld that eventually cracked so it had to be replaced. I purchased the replacement chainstay assembly from member BJ686.

Please PM me and I'd be happy to answer any and all of your questions, including doing a video call inspection, if you'd like.

The bike is located near Asheville, North Carolina. Local pick-up is available, otherwise packing and shipping is available at buyers expense.
I also have a Vendetta and bought a Bulk Velomobile in March. What Velomobile did you get?

Glory707

I also have a Vendetta and bought a Bulk Velomobile in March. What Velomobile did you get?
Congrats on the Bulk purchase! I got a QV with a Rohloff 14 speed IGH and 250 watt assist. More on the Chevy suburban side of Velomobiles vs your Porsche 911 much lighter Bulk. I got it as a car replacement vehicle, which it does well. Also, it corners like it's on rails. Are you in the North American Velomobile's Facebook group? Your name looks familiar.
I've had many fond experiences on my Vendetta but just don't want to hold onto it, since I barely ride it anymore.

John Burrell

The QV is probably an excellent car replacement and with the e assist you will be able to climb. I am on Velomobiles Worldwide and HPRA and IRTG FB pages. I live in the north suburbs of Chicago. Are you near by? I am always looking to link up with fellow Velonauts.

Glory707

I am on Velomobiles worldwide as well and saw your post from a couple of days ago. I am based out of western North Carolina, so definitely not a local rider.
Do you have any experience selling on Bent rider? I paid my membership in order to place the ad and it's still not letting me place it. At least not where it's supposed to be. Navigating through that website is like some type of Catholic school punishment. The stuff of nightmares. They should hire whoever is running this website as a consultant to fix it.

Tuloose

Guru
I am on Velomobiles worldwide as well and saw your post from a couple of days ago. I am based out of western North Carolina, so definitely not a local rider.
Do you have any experience selling on Bent rider? I paid my membership in order to place the ad and it's still not letting me place it. At least not where it's supposed to be. Navigating through that website is like some type of Catholic school punishment. The stuff of nightmares. They should hire whoever is running this website as a consultant to fix it.
A friend of mine had a similar problem with BROL.
He paid his membership so that he could list his Bacchetta Giro for sale but his efforts to list the bike were continually rebuffed.
He showed Bryan Ball, who was running the site at the time, his paid receipt but still couldn't list the bike!
I eventually listed it for him and he was able to sell it.

cruzKurt

A friend of mine had a similar problem with BROL.
He paid his membership so that he could list his Bacchetta Giro for sale but his efforts to list the bike were continually rebuffed.
He showed Bryan Ball, who was running the site at the time, his paid receipt but still couldn't list the bike!
I eventually listed it for him and he was able to sell it.
I own bentrideronline.com and if you ever have any issues, email me directly. kurt@bentrideronline.com

cruzKurt

email me directly kurt@bentrideronline.com and I will take care of it.

Crainaviation

170 mm crank arms
Zefal Spy mirrors

EXTRAS (not installed):
-Extra wide handlebars
-Brand new Moose pack

Very interested! What year model-how tall can a rider be? Height restrictions? Anything else I should know?

NICHOLAS MOHAT

Hi;

Do you have any idea how much your Vendetta would cost to ship to San Antonio, Tx. I had a Bachetta shipped from Los Angeles and it was way more expensive than I had originally planned. UPS quoted it then when it came time to ship the quote increased signifigently...Thanks

Glory707

Very interested! What year model-how tall can a rider be? Height restrictions? Anything else I should know?
My sincere apologies for not responding sooner. I assumed I was going to get an email notification when people responded to the ad but that's not happened.
It's a 2013. I am 6' with very long legs and there is currently a size medium yellow "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly" installed on it. However, it does come with a never used size large yellow "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly", for taller riders. At this moment I don't know what that limitation is but if I find out I will let you know. It ride's fine as is but as the ad states, the large front chain ring should be replaced before you put on too many miles.

Glory707

The current iteration of the Vendetta (V20c) fits riders with an X-seam between 35 inches and 48 inches (about 5'2" to 6'5" body height). If you're taller than 6'5", then I can dig further to see if the size large yellow "BB ring clamps, FD stalk, and chainstay assembly", will actually accommodate even taller riders.

Glory707

Hi;

Do you have any idea how much your Vendetta would cost to ship to San Antonio, Tx. I had a Bachetta shipped from Los Angeles and it was way more expensive than I had originally planned. UPS quoted it then when it came time to ship the quote increased signifigently...Thanks
I just called UPS and they quoted me $60 for UPS ground level service. My sincere apologies for not responding sooner. I assumed I was going to get an email notification when people responded to the ad but that's not happened.

Glory707

I also am very interested! Is it still available?

Thanks,

Gary Kuchel
gk4free@gmail.com
Unfortunately, the website never notifies me when somebody expresses interest and I am not on this website very often.
Anyway, it looks like you expressed interest about a week ago, so assuming you're still interested, I'm available to answer any and all questions that you have. I just sent you an email.

JerseyJim

Unfortunately, the website never notifies me when somebody expresses interest and I am not on this website very often.
Within your profile preferences, make sure the following is selected to get notifications:
  • Automatically watch content you create…
    • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…

Glory707

Within your profile preferences, make sure the following is selected to get notifications:
  • Automatically watch content you create…
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
Thank you! I just made the changes.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I just called UPS and they quoted me $60 for UPS ground level service. My sincere apologies for not responding sooner. I assumed I was going to get an email notification when people responded to the ad but that's not happened.
I would double check this - UPS is nutoriously expensive - We spent that much to ship a small box of Christmas presents in the US. I would plan on $200 to be safe. Usually shipbikes is the best deal

Glory707

Thank you Larry! It appears they are much better priced than Bike Flights. Which of their boxes would you recommend for safely packing a Vendetta? They have so many options and some are very low priced but others not so much.