Vendetta V20 for sale [frameset, standard chainstay], UK & EU

Max Id

I built this from the frameset in July 2017. The bike has been since thoroughly looked after and lubricated after every wet ride.
There are two main reasons for selling:
  • I got married and my wife wants me to ride, as she calls this, a "normal" bike with her.
  • I planned to use it for commuting, but since I live in London, this never happened as the roads were just too bad. Thus the bike is primarily standing in the corridor and eating up space.
The new frameset cost me $2,650.00 plus shipping $250.00. I also paid UK import tax, which was around 600 GBP. Since the stock seat pad was unusable, I bought the Ventisit one, for 99$.

There are a few minor marks, mostly on the boom, here and there. The bike has never been in the accident ( knock the wood ), and the marks are mostly where the boom attaches to the headset.

For the frameset I'd like to get 1699 GBP plus shipping. Collection in person is also possible, from London.
I believe that's a fair price, and I am not in rush to sell. If nobody buys, I will keep riding it occasionally. I am including the Radical Banana Bags ( blue ) as a gift.

It took me a while to come up with a working setup, here is the components:
  • Bottom Bracket: Shimano Tiagra
  • Front Wheel: DT Swiss X 392.
  • Rear Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium
  • Crankset: Shimano 105
  • Brifters, Front and Rear derailleurs: SRAM Rival 22
  • Front Disc Brake: TRP Spyre
  • Rear Caliper Brake: Shimano Ultegra
  • Front and Read Mudguards: SKS Raceblade Pro
  • Pedals: Shimano A530 Clipless Road Pedals
If anyone is interested to buy the whole bike, then the price of course will be higher.

Attachments

• DSC_1810.JPG
    DSC_1810.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 212
  • DSC_1812.JPG
    DSC_1812.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 189
  • DSC_1811.JPG
    DSC_1811.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 189
  • DSC_1815.JPG
    DSC_1815.JPG
    10.3 MB · Views: 169
  • DSC_1814.JPG
    DSC_1814.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 174
  • DSC_1813.JPG
    DSC_1813.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 172
  • DSC_1826.JPG
    DSC_1826.JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20180819_151834[1].jpg
    IMG_20180819_151834[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

benphyr

Guru-me-not
This seems a fair price. If you are in the UK there are large savings that @Max Id already paid for:

I checked the current USD to GBP conversion rate with the following result: the original frameset cost is the same as the asking price which might sound rough. However, if you are buying in the UK you save the import tax which is huge (600GBP ~30%) and you get the bags (180GBP 9%). And if you pick up in person you save shipping too which depends on where you are. And if you buy the whole bike the savings on import tax and shipping costs of a new bike from Cruzbike would be much greater. Based on the fair offer provided a full bike price should be able to be negotiated fairly.

These savings are well within @ratz approximation of devaluation for a well cared for bike of 10% per year compound interest.

Elsewhere in Europe the shipping and taxes on bike parts may or may not make sense for you. (Of course if you are in the USA buy direct from Cruzbike or one of the dealers.)

3bs

whereabouts unknown
makes me want to zip over to the uk for a quick tour down memory lane and other areas about the uk

you need a q45 for london!

wide tires and a more upright position.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
What a shame... n+1... understand though. Bikes take space. Perhaps I end up with a miniaturized V20 that i can put in my display cabinet ... quite a nice present for someone who loves their Vendetta.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
what a deal. now i just need to buy a cottage in some shire to justify the bike purchase..... n+1

Vellobike

What’s the price for the complete bike and how much does it weigh? What size height range is it suitable for?

JOHN-PAUL7

Hi Max. Were you able to find a buyer for your V20? I live in the UK. I'm looking for a frameset or complete bike. Kind regards, John.