Vendetta V20c RAL color codes, YS codes [/edit]

Henri

scatter brain
Hey everyone,
I am buying a tailbox (more of that in a few weeks, but don't get too excited, it's German) and was asked for the RAL color code to match it precisely. I have the white frame, but we could list all, if available for others who might need ro know in future.
Are they already listed somewhere or does someone know them by chance or do I have to send a mail to support?

greetings
Henri

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the RAL codes, but the YS codes that we use are:

YS 7909 - Classic Vendetta Gold
YS 8100 - Race Red
YS 775 - Pearlized White

Last edited:

Randyc3

Tried to find a YS color to RAL color system converter. Was not able to find one. Options: find the hex code equivalent of the YS color and use hex code to RAL converter. Get a sample of the paint on a metal blank. Some high end paint stores have color matching machines(they scan the sample). Please note even these will not be exact. To get true matching you need to get a spectral analysis scan in….say 1nm increments. Paint store scan will probably be acceptable. Hmm, one more. Take the color from the cruzbike website picture in RGB, RAL or color measurement to your tail box supplier. Hopefully he can do a rough match this way. Good luck and please post a picture when you have the completed tbox.

Henri

scatter brain
I gave the YS code to the shop and either they or the manufacturer or their paint supplier can work with that or the shop takes a sample card to the frame and just chooses what seems to match best. - In the end on so different surfaces (material, shape, exposure to light and dirt) it probably isn't very crucial. And I am not really too picky about that kind of thing. (Just enough to ask here because the shop asked me.) I wanna put designs on it sometime, anyway. ;)

And yes, of course I plan on showing and telling. It will be quite the special build, I think. (Okay, more teasers: full carbon sixspoke wheels, "Surly Corner Stop" bars with MTB wireless shifting and MTB brakes, non-circular chainrings, "MegPed" magnetic non-click pedals (maybe even going to Cyclind Innovations "Catalyst" oversized flat pedals), probably some kinds of design wraps. I am also always thinking how stupid a windshield / front fairing / streamer would be on MBB; will have to read a few threads about experiences with similar ideas - Of just buy it and put it in another bike if it doesn't work well! :D )

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
By the way, the new V20c gold paint is a shade off from the old V20 gold paint. I tried it, and it didn't quite match.

brokemyback

The Auto part store had a chip catalog. I guess I'm trying FLNA 10022. I hope it's not far off!

Attachments

• tempImageqZTyMP.png
    tempImageqZTyMP.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 5