What am I missing here… V20 build

What am I missing here folks? The pulley for the front mech looks way out of line and I just wanted to ask what I’m missing?

I could cut back the boss that’s welded onto the vertical derailleur mounting post or possibly bend it but I don’t want to ruin my chances of getting the derailleur lined up, break the paint or crack anything..

My S40 front mech post was bolted so it’s a shame that the V20 isnt the same as I could have easily “tweaked” it to line it up

4285F1F5-74C3-4842-8851-1AF0B296F115.jpeg

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
That is how all of my CB have lined up (V20c, V20, S30, S40). The good news, I hope, is that I've never had front derailleur shifting issues on any of these bikes. It perhaps looks worse to the eye than it really is.

That said, I do run the pulley flipped the other way. The cable won't have to clear the taller of the two pulley flanges. Doing that will probably ease that cable angle a little bit.

That is how all of my CB have lined up (V20c, V20, S30, S40). The good news, I hope, is that I've never had front derailleur shifting issues on any of these bikes. It perhaps looks worse to the eye than it really is.

That said, I do run the pulley flipped the other way. The cable won't have to clear the taller of the two pulley flanges. Doing that will probably ease that cable angle a little bit.
Cheers for the reply. I tried the pulley both ways but I’ll have another look tomorrow.. I made my first mistake of the build today (almost finished too) when I was cutting down the outer cable for the front mech.. I forgot to take the inner out first and wondered why it was hard to cut.. A blonde moment that’s for sure ;-)

Beano

Buy some of this and also an in line gear cable tensioner. Cut about a foot of sleeve and run the gear cable around the bottom bracket area. You want it flush against boom bb/shell, might be a bit tight feeding it underneath the bb clamps but it will go, Route this directly to the front mech, forget the pulley. The sleeve is to make sure the gear cable runs freely and does not rub directly against the bb shell/paintwork.

Install the in line tensioner within the outer gear cable that runs down from the bar use this to tension off any slack.