What cassette do I have?

bret

I have a 2021 Q45, SRAM NX derailleur, 11 speed. I find only one small serial number or part number on the largest cog.

A local source told me there are two SRAM 11 speed cassettes - he has one and the other is unobtainable.

How do I identify the one I have/need?

Thanks.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty much any 11 speed cassette should work, other than Shimano that tend to shift better with Shimano chain...

That said the cassette is either a SRAM PG1130 or a Microsift XLE CS-H113

As we are in "covid times" for obtaining any QTY of components - I have to sometimes have different specs within a batch to even get one completed. Both are fine cassettes - I personally run a Sunrace MX8 11 speed (because I like the blackout look)

bret

Thank you.

Looking at the hub body, it appears to be an 'HG' body - straight splines the full width of the cassette carrier, rather than the short splines and threads of the XD or XDR types. Can you confirm this, or is there more to the question?

I need to know enough to able to buy a replacement in this market.

bret

It occurs to me that you won't have record of the parts used for my bike. See attached, please. The 'axle' is a placeholder adapter to use with an exercise stand - it's just there so I know where I left it - this is the original Chosen hub.
IMG_20220715_cassette_carrier.jpg