What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

RAR

Never liked the OEM headrest rail clamp so I made a better one. Now I can loosen the two bolts and slide the headrest in and out without needing to remove the seat pan and fiddle with the clamp because it's binding.
Rojo, really like your idea here, excellent job!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Larry i think the two al tubes are purely spacers, and the delrin is pulled towards the frame top by two bolts, with the two seat headrest tubes stopping its movement, and hence clamping the headrest tubes in position, and relying on the friction of Al to Al, and Al to delrin to stop any movement.

^ what he said

There is no weight saved but functionality is greatly improved. The single alloy tube acts as a spacer for easy install and keeps the two pieces from rotating when you tighten the bolts. I tried for two alloy tubes, one on each side but then it's impossible to get it through the holes in the frame. The single tube works fine for both functions and it's easy to pass through the holes. Right now I just tapped the delrin directly but for those of you who can't torque 3-4nm I'll probably drop in some stainless heli-coils. Unlike many of the things I make that I never wan't to make again by the time I finish prototyping, these are easy enough for me to make that I'd consider offering them to others. I've sent the idea to CruzBike to get their opinion so ether I'll make a bunch for them and their store or maybe they can find a way to a bunch to dirt cheap. I'm not exactly setup for mass production so it takes a min to make each one.

E468AA88-1587-4F44-BF8E-9009CB7F7018_zpspqnsmhui.jpg
4D21FA83-D3A5-428B-8C76-7289FC3016D9_zpskwi920ww.jpg
2E064251-5366-46F9-947A-1F536DB1AE17_zpsipxrcjni.jpg

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I have finally taken photos of some of mine projects on V.
After shortening headrest by 5 cm, I am experimenting with air cusion. This is my actual setup. It will need some modifications and finalizing (coper wires may break anytime) but I feel that I am on good way.
2016-03-22 17.30.50.jpg 2016-03-22 17.30.44.jpg 2016-03-22 17.30.58.jpg
This is my older project. 3D printed mount for Phillips front light. It is printed from PET.2016-03-22 17.31.13.jpg

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
What a killer light and bracket!
I like cutoff of beam but don't like that this light is heavy. I plan to cut it at half, move batteries somewhere else on the frame and switch from Ni-MH to Li-ion batterie.
I like strong light but ride in traffic a lot so I don't want to overshine other cyclists and drivers.

VenRiderGuy

I have finally taken photos of some of mine projects on V.
Snilard, I see a rear fender in your photos which interests me much. Have you mentioned what brand before? I would love to know what you found to fit. Do you have a front fender? Thanks....

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Snilard, I see a rear fender in your photos which interests me much. Have you mentioned what brand before? I would love to know what you found to fit. Do you have a front fender? Thanks....
It's Crud Road Racer MK 2. I also use it on front, but on photos I have only rear. It need some fiddling to fit it, but it is possible. On rear I have swapped stays inside out to clear rim. To fit it to front I had to use heairdraier to heat it and modify shape.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Has ratz been coaching you on mallet usage???

EXTREMELY neat cable routing!!
Was the front derailleur cable outer crushed at all going through the clamp ?

It's compressed enough that once tight you can't slide the cable anymore but the inner cable moves freely. If you take the cable housing out later and inspect it you can't see where it was clamped.

quickbeam

It's simple, did you do something with or to your CruzBike?
Well, I tipped over, for the first time. So I guess that qualifies as doing something with my CB.

I was clipped in, unclipped one foot at a stop, put it down and turned to look behind me. Looked forward again and at some point in that process, my weight shifted to the side still clipped in and I immediately knew I was going down. Fortunately, since I was stopped, it was surprisingly gentle, even better than just falling out of a chair. And the bike seems to have survived too. And as far as I could tell, there were no witnesses, which was just as important. :)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
quickbeam said:
And as far as I could tell, there were no witnesses

My Silvio only does wheel-spins when there is a audience. On the up-slope out of a subway. When a motorist stops to let me out at a junction.

Attention-seeking.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
My Elefent gets lower gears. I have sacrefised 11t cog and installed 40t Absolute black cog. When I was in bike I also cleared chain and DT Swiss ratchet mechanizm.
2016-03-28 19.11.41.jpg

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I am sorry for little off-topic. I cannot hold myself and have tho share my happiness.
I have bought Compress Sport trail running shorts for long hour on the bike. There simply isn't any seam in crotch so good by chafing. And compression is nice and welcomed bonus and justifycation for the price. My girlfriend bought me form-fitted Specialized jersey. It's main purpose is racing, but I will be using it every time I will need more speed and will not care that I look strange.
2016-03-29 23.49.14.jpg