What difference a year makes

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Bob Thanks for the email AND

Bob Thanks for the email AND talking to Stephen at Design Shine as I now have the DS1300 on order as well!!!!!!!!!!
I am a VERY happy LITTLE pig rolling around in ????

I will post photos comparing the Design shines with Dinotte 2013 2011 Daylight rear and front and Magicshine front with wide angle yellow lenses.

From the site photos I expect the biggest difference to be at 90 degrees to the light, i.e when a car is entering the road I am on and normally (In Australia, NOT USA and Canada country roads) do NOT see me during the day.

At night there is no problem as I have LOTS of reflective tape on the seat sides, front and rear forks, a water bottle for the spare tyre, and a Yellow and red flexible rear triangle from one of the USA van supported bicycle tours.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Let There be Light!

Really nice lights.

Remember though, you are still invisible.

-Debbie Downer

Wannabe

not actually downer...

Prudent. Riding like I was invisible is what kept me alive for 40 yrs ( 680,000 miles) on the back of an Iron horse.
I have personally watched this happen/ participate.

One day while coming to a stop I decided to pull into the right lane. I listened to the little voice. So there I sit adjacent to the huge 18 wheeler trailer. BIG, WHITE, BROAD DAYLIGHT, Light traffic. ALL OF A SUDDEN... BAM, BOOM, CRASH!!! THIS idiot plows into the back of the trailer. That would have been me had I not swapped lanes! Point is how much light does it take for some one to see you? Also, what if the back of the truck had some kind of bright flashing light? All I know is: THE BEST SAFETY DEVICE IS A CAREFUL MAN!!!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
 THE BEST SAFETY DEVICE IS A

THE BEST SAFETY DEVICE IS A CAREFUL MAN!!!

Yes, and get one or two mirrors (I prefer two) and look at your rear view as much as your front view. I'm amazed that some folks don't use mirrors. Think about it, how much more difficult would it be to drive a car without side and rearview mirrors? I also like it when I hear the tires buzzing over the raised pavement markers as he crosses over to the opposite lane before the pass.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
More great lights.....

NiteFlux-- another Aussie company. In the US products ship from Kentucky, very timely, great customer service.

White light up to 1,000 lumens, over 180 degrees visibility; red light up to 400 lumens. Easy to adjust to lower settings for night time use.

A bit pricey and battery life leaves a bit to be desired but when I'm riding (alone--they are too bright for group rides) on a highway or the Natchez Trace in daytime I run a white and two reds in back, set to highest settings. I want to be lit up like the MotherShip to get the attention of texters from a half mile away at a minimum. So far so good.

http://www.niteflux.com

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
In da house

Must say the actual size of the batteries is pleasantly small.

DesignShine.jpg

Wannabe

hey that looks like

hey that looks like mine! Awesome YES? Can not wait to read your thoughts....
Did you ship that stuff?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
My lights are on the way,

My lights are on the way, after a short delay waiting for two Terracycle light mounts to be delivered to Designshine, so I could save $80 in shipping costs from Terracycle, after Steve saw my existing front mount, and suggested the Terracycle mount, and then offered to buy and ship them with the lights to save me money!

VERY GOOD service!!! and brilliant design!
Its like dealing with Mark from Bikesmithdesign!