Sandor

I am shopping for a Cruzbike

Am comfortable on typical recumbent
Would like a suggestion on which of the Cruzbike’s would be best
Considering the Q45 or the S 40
Would not be using it on trails

Opik

1. How are your roads?
2. Are you cycling now, what tye of riding do yo do? commuting, shopping, weekend warrior, touring?

Sandor

What type of riding do you enjoy and want to do in the next few years?
I usually will go out about 3 to 4 times a week
I would say an average of 20 to 30 miles
Possibly up to 50 miles maximum
Terrain is relatively flat
Thanks

Sandor

The roads are in relatively good condition and the terrain is flat

Don’t intend to go on any trails
This would not be used for commuting or serious touring
I will go out about 3 times a week
I currently do about 25 miles per ride in a standard carbon fiber bike
Not a fast rider by any means

tganks for getting back to me

think I would enjoy the challenge of the Cruzbike

Thank you for your response.

Can you please give me your reasons.
I appreciate your suggestion.
Since you ride on the road and not trails plus you currently ride a CF diamond frame, the S40 will be lighter and sportier .
You dont need the suspension. All I have ridden is the V20 but Lots like the S40.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I would also recommend the S40. I owned an older Quest model, but still similar to the current Q45. I enjoyed it pretty well, but sold it to buy a S40, which I have enjoyed more. It does most kinds of riding at least pretty well. It is lighter and more spry than the Q, without being as demanding as the V20, which I also own.

I also would say the S40. If you are riding on good roads from home, you’ll likely have a bit more power / speed on the S40. If you ride with other bikes, the S40 is a good height for holding a conversation.

If you liked to travel and carry gear on your bike then maybe a Q45 as it packs well. If the roads were rough, then likely the Q45 as well.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Another very similar thread about possibly upgrading from Q559 to either Q45 or S40 can be found at https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/thinking-of-upgrading.13187/

Here's my synopsis. But before my spiel let me agree with the above posters that based on your descriptions of your current riding, conditions, frequency, road surfaces that you would prefer the S40. The only thing you haven't comment on it seems is whether $ is a big factor. If $ is not prohibitive the S40 is more performance. Q can be made more performance than stock but can't get to the stiffer, lighter frame of the S40.

Q559:
-possibly front suspension depending on the version
-Well maintained, solid pickup truck/SUV
-grass is always greener...

Q45:
-stiffer front end (more efficient, better steering, lighter?)
-longer rear shock travel and more standard size shock (even cushier ride, more options to upgrade)
-comes with and possibility for bigger tires,
-same Mountain Bike componentry
-can be disassembled for shipping / car trunk quite easily
-only 56% the $ as S40 leaving ample room for upgrades (but can't upgrade the biggest impact on overall purpose = frame)
=serious name brand SUV or new pickup truck (definitely not old farm truck)

S40:
-same front end as Q45 (more efficient, better steering, lighter?)
-no rear suspension (but longer and bigger tires so this might not impact depending on your riding surfaces)
-comes with an possibility for bigger tires (maybe not as big as Q but if you get the S you are not likely wanting THAT big of tires)
-Road bike componentry
-lighter weight
=Fancy Sports Car/SUV eg. Porsche Macan Turbo

V20:
-nothing spared super sports car eg.Ferrari

I guess some part of the decision is: do I want an upgrade with similar or a different purpose = fast touring. (I guess that would more accurately just say "fast.".)
Am I keeping the Q559? How much $ do I want to spend? That is, does the difference in $ force the decision? Will I always regret not getting the xxx?

And are there ones in your neighbourhood that you could test ride?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Another very similar thread about possibly upgrading from Q559 to either Q45 or S40 can be found at https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/thinking-of-upgrading.13187/

Here's my synopsis. But before my spiel let me agree with the above posters that based on your descriptions of your current riding, conditions, frequency, road surfaces that you would prefer the S40. The only thing you haven't comment on it seems is whether $ is a big factor. If $ is not prohibitive the S40 is more performance. Q can be made more performance than stock but can't get to the stiffer, lighter frame of the S40.

Q559:
-possibly front suspension depending on the version
-Well maintained, solid pickup truck/SUV
-grass is always greener...

Q45:
-stiffer front end (more efficient, better steering, lighter?)
-longer rear shock travel and more standard size shock (even cushier ride, more options to upgrade)
-comes with and possibility for bigger tires,
-same Mountain Bike componentry
-can be disassembled for shipping / car trunk quite easily
-only 56% the $ as S40 leaving ample room for upgrades (but can't upgrade the biggest impact on overall purpose = frame)
=serious name brand SUV or new pickup truck (definitely not old farm truck)

S40:
-same front end as Q45 (more efficient, better steering, lighter?)
-no rear suspension (but longer and bigger tires so this might not impact depending on your riding surfaces)
-comes with an possibility for bigger tires (maybe not as big as Q but if you get the S you are not likely wanting THAT big of tires)
-Road bike componentry
-lighter weight
=Fancy Sports Car/SUV eg. Porsche Macan Turbo

V20:
-nothing spared super sports car eg.Ferrari

I guess some part of the decision is: do I want an upgrade with similar or a different purpose = fast touring. (I guess that would more accurately just say "fast.".)
Am I keeping the Q559? How much $ do I want to spend? That is, does the difference in $ force the decision? Will I always regret not getting the xxx?

And are there ones in your neighbourhood that you could test ride?
Very Good Summary!!!