Will it fit an old fat guy

Exterra1

Well, I ride (3) or (4) times a week, used to be two 15 milers and a 30 miler on Saturday but due to aging wrists, neck, and right shoulder, the mileage seems to be lessening every week. This Quest is the nicest thing I've seen lately and I love the idea of suspension, similar to my Trek 7500, and not having to lean over and keep readjusting my butt on the Brooks saddle. Couple of things: 1. I'm 64 years old, 225 lbs, 6'1" tall, and have a 40 inch waist, is this thing going to fit me (X-seam is 45")? 2. I ride a large, 29er mountain bike with slicks as my latest road bike, really nice, so is my big ass going to look too abnormal on that low slung recumbent (I know this is just an opinion but take a guess). I'm about ready to pull the hammer on this thing, I live down in New Orleans, La. and I want to enjoy the park riding like I used to. I can still put down 15 miles on my full sussy Trek mountain bike on the trails, but pain is expected and maybe even sought after when doing that so I guess it doesn't bother me as much, even get a little sympathy from the wife when I get home crying for those rides! Thanks for any replies. Jim

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Exterra1 wrote: Well, I ride (3) or (4) times a week, used to be two 15 milers and a 30 miler on Saturday but due to aging wrists, neck, and right shoulder, the mileage seems to be lessening every week. This Quest is the nicest thing I've seen lately and I love the idea of suspension, similar to my Trek 7500, and not having to lean over and keep readjusting my butt on the Brooks saddle. Couple of things: 1. I'm 64 years old, 225 lbs, 6'1" tall, and have a 40 inch waist, is this thing going to fit me (X-seam is 45")? 2. I ride a large, 29er mountain bike with slicks as my latest road bike, really nice, so is my big ass going to look too abnormal on that low slung recumbent (I know this is just an opinion but take a guess). I'm about ready to pull the hammer on this thing, I live down in New Orleans, La. and I want to enjoy the park riding like I used to. I can still put down 15 miles on my full sussy Trek mountain bike on the trails, but pain is expected and maybe even sought after when doing that so I guess it doesn't bother me as much, even get a little sympathy from the wife when I get home crying for those rides! Thanks for any replies. Jim
I think it will fit you. I am 5' 11" and 245 lbs, and I fit my Cruzbike Freerider nicely. I do 2 and 3 hour rides regularly.

Shakey

Hey Jim,
I am 6-3, 215 lbs, x-seam 47"?. Had the Quest559 2 months, fits me better each day.
Once you get over the early wobbles it is just like riding a bike.
I work in an air conditioned office. Last week on the way home from work while riding along a nice quiet bike path, arms folded on my lap, the sun hot & feeling great after being cool all day I found myself beginning to doze off.
How many bikes do you know of where napping is a hazard :cool:
No regrets
Richard