Will my Giant Boulder SE work

RMS

I have a a Giant Boulder SE...bought it end of season probably 2005. I never road it. It is dusty but brand new basically. I would like to use this MTB as the donor bike for the conversion kit. It has 26" wheels. It only has front suspension. I have a half century ride in September that I am getting ready for but I would like to use a recumbent if I can get it done and get some ride time on it. I am attaching a photo. Would this work for the conversion kit? I would like to order asap.

Thank you,
RMS (forum newbie btw)

defjack

Zen MBB Master
The crossbar angle is kind of steep but it should work. I did a 14.5 Giant sedona frame and it was ok.Measure your cross tube 8 in from seat post to find seat hight. If it is under 26in it will be ok. Jack

RMS

Jack,

Thank you for the info. I did the measurement and it is 27 inches. Then I did a simple test that I should have done before even posting........ I stood over the bike and the tube touches....with the recumbent seat, it would be worse. So I doubt it would work since my legs are very short...... Lowered my Harley 2 inches and scooped the seat just to be on the balls of my feet. Looks like I will have to buy a cheap y frame bike from wally world and go that route.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
RMS wrote: Jack,

Thank you for the info. I did the measurement and it is 27 inches. Then I did a simple test that I should have done before even posting........ I stood over the bike and the tube touches....with the recumbent seat, it would be worse. So I doubt it would work since my legs are very short...... Lowered my Harley 2 inches and scooped the seat just to be on the balls of my feet. Looks like I will have to buy a cheap y frame bike from wally world and go that route.

Sounds like you would fit a tiara pretty well.

Mark

teacherbill

RMS wrote: Looks like I will have to buy a cheap y frame bike from wally world and go that route.

When you get to Wally world look at a girls bike it had the product name of Avalon. It looked pretty promising for a conversion. One of the reviews said something about taking off and riding in the 60 to 70 mile range the first day out. It is aluminum so it should not be a major weight factor. 26 inch wheels that I think could be converted over to 700c 25 or 28s if the desire is there. Only negative thing that I picked up from the article was the shifting mechanisms. :D