Working and Working out - setup

AlexisBV

Hello all,

Inspired by a picture of Larry shared on Strava of his indoor setup with keyboard, mouse and screen to work while pedalling, I'd like to set up something similar for the S30. I have a small table I can put on my right that's just the right height for the mouse, but I'm a bit stumped regarding how to support the keyboard. I'm a software developer so I do a lot of typing, which requires a sturdy support.

I got in touch with RAM Mounts, to check whether their tablet mounts might work. Initially I thought about using the 7" tablet mount, but it probably wouldn't give much lateral support and the keyboard might rock left/right while typing. So I thought of the bigger version, but since my keyboard (logitech MX keys) has a ridge underneath, it might be too thick for the mount to properly grip it.

I've searched all over the place for "keyboard mounts", "supports", "trays", but most if not all results are for holding it horizontally instead of propped up like would be necessary for a 'bent.

View media item 545View media item 544View media item 543
Anyone have suggestions or experience with this, that doesn't involve a permanent installation (on the house or on the bike)?

After this issue is resolved, the next big one will be the monitor...

Plan B for all this would be to get a laptop support and directly work on it instead, but working directly on a 15" laptop isn't the greatest, so I'm trying to find a "premium luxury" solution before I automatically settle for a "compact economy" solution...

Thanks!

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I don't have any kind of system set up at home, so this might not work well, but how about removing the bell and then putting (or making?) something similar to rubber door stops (wedge shaped) on the bars to serve as a base that you can either lean or connect your keyboard to? From the pics, it doesn't look like 1 door stop would give you enough angle, but gluing 2 of them together might lean it up enough to work. Then you can use a pair of scissors to notch out grooves on the bottoms so they can rest on the bar, or use some vinyl tape to keep them secure.
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 9.21.59.png

AlexisBV

Interesting ideas!

Yeah, I can definitely imagine a learning curve to use the Keymouse keyboard(s). I'm not a big fan of trackballs but the split keyboard opens some interesting possibilities.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
What about using the laptop stand for the keyboard. Would that work?

Or maybe clamp on bar ends. Make tray out of thin plywood with a lip on the bottom edge similar to a music stand and screw or bolt it onto the bar ends.