WTB Bullhorn Handlebars

Leif

@Leif
I was on vacation when this came in.
Back now and despite the interesting options (IMO) that @cpml123 and @ReklinedRider have provided already it seems you’ve not settled on a solution.

I have two bullhorn bars I’ll ship you if interested.
The longer option tho is the thinner clamp sizing - probably not useful for riding but you might try it for prototype sizing and fit?

View attachment 7146 View attachment 7147

I second @Bentas opinion with bullhorns though. Using brifters in the pistol-grip style left me, on V20, with too little strength in my ring/pinky finger around the base of the hood when braking in street riding conditions.

I MIGHT do it (likely) when I ever try to get this bike on a track/controlled race scenario but potholes and cars and hills at 45 mph was too sketchy.
Wow thanks so much for the kind offer and advice, Lief!

Per ReklinedRider, I think I'm going to try out the Deda Newton drop bars and see if they'll give me the reach I'm looking for. I think I'll try installing them on the S40 first as it is the more "crowded" of the two bikes (probably b/c of the higher seat angle). Seems the more I ride the V, the more I get used to the existing fit of the stock bars... which I must say are very nice, especially when rotated so the hoods are parallel to the ground.
If the Newtons don't work, then I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

Again, thank you for the response. I'll post my findings asap.

Leif
(Have I been spelling it wrong all this time?)

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Have I been spelling it wrong all this time?
Nope - “...there is no spoon.”

If it comes to it, and if I miss the forum update send me a PM.
I’ll check out the bars recommended as well, sounds like we have similar goals on our cockpit.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Thanks for the advice, Kline.

I think that before I go the shorter crank route, I'll continue with my quest for longer reach drop bars or bullhorns.
Interestingly, I was a little nervous at first when discovering that both the V20 and S40 are spec'd with 165 cranks. I'm used to 170 or longer on all my other bikes. But with the CB, I never really noticed any significant difference at all. Climbing, sprinting, cruising along... all seems just fine! I imagine at some point, I might notice something with really short cranks but for now, like everything else CB, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Leif
Going short on cranks, not only fixed my handlebar reach problem, but also fixed my knee pain problem on rides over 4 hrs!