WTB used S40 or Vendetta Cruzbike

Jeffers

Performer Low Racer
I've recently become interested in Cruz/ recumbent bikes. But haven't actually ridden one yet. I'm already a cyclist though, and know I want to continue some form of cycling into old age. I'm 66 now, live in Long Beach Ca. And ride 26-30 miles a day on the San Gabriel bike path. I started riding 4 years ago when I bought a Felt road bike. The part of the San Gabriel bike path down where I live is a cement flood control that I call my concrete wind tunnel. Over the years I've converted my road bike to a Tri bike with a forward seat and aero bars. And slowly gotten myself into an almost horizontal position on the bike. This has made a big aero difference in the wind. And encouraged me to get faster. I've put 32.k miles on the bike since I bought it 4 years ago.
There's sometimes a lot of traffic on the bike path. 4 weeks ago I had to get on the brakes hard and flipped the bike over, and landed on my head. The helmet did it's job, but I broke my clavical. The whole thing kind of shook me up because I hadn't realized how un-stable a tri bike could be under hard braking, though obvious to me now.
It's gotten me thinking if there's a safer bike I could be riding out there that would still be aero as a tri bike.
I was thinking maybe something like a S40 or Vendetta.
Would be interested in purchasing a used Cruzbike.

Thanks Guys!

Osiris

Zen MBB Master
I happen to have a Vendetta V20 which I'm thinking of selling (too many bikes, and no space to store them all). Unfortunately I'm in Florida, so the shipping cost to Long Beach CA might be too high. I'll see if I can find out.

Osiris

Zen MBB Master
Hi Osiris!
Thanks for the offer. But I just bought a Performer low racer.
Looking at your avatar I'm guessing you know the attraction of a low racer!
Thanks,

Congratulations on the latest addition to your stable! Unfortunately my low racer isn't good for anything other than the racetrack or isolated bike trails. It doesn't steer well and is far too low to take on the street, but it is my "go-to" machine when I want to go really, really fast in a straight line. :)

ETTampa

I happen to have a Vendetta V20 which I'm thinking of selling (too many bikes, and no space to store them all). Unfortunately I'm in Florida, so the shipping cost to Long Beach CA might be too high. I'll see if I can find out.
Where in Florida are you? I may be interested. I love in Tampa and am torn between a Carbon Aero 3.0 and the V20 but leaning toward the V

Osiris

Zen MBB Master
Where in Florida are you? I may be interested. I love in Tampa and am torn between a Carbon Aero 3.0 and the V20 but leaning toward the V

I put over 5000 miles on my Bacchetta CA3 and loved every minute of it, but after experiencing the V20, I never looked back. Everything about the V20 is just designed better, and it easily outperforms the Bacchetta in terms of outright speed and handling.

To answer your question, I live in Altamonte Springs, just North of Orlando. Let me know if you're interested.

ETTampa

Good morning,
My motivation to get the CA3 is stems from a transition from a catrike 700 due to the lack of visibility and footprint on the shoulder. I was pretty excited as I had done a lot of research and found a great deal and a used but well maintained one in the area. I noticed a trend from bacchetta riders switching to the V20 and your testimony is in line with what I have read. I am really interested and would love to check it out before I commit to my next bike. Is there any chance you can email me pictures, stats, and asking price to me at etliving4him @ g mail . c o m

Thank you,
Eric

Osiris

Zen MBB Master
Good morning,
My motivation to get the CA3 is stems from a transition from a catrike 700 due to the lack of visibility and footprint on the shoulder. I was pretty excited as I had done a lot of research and found a great deal and a used but well maintained one in the area. I noticed a trend from bacchetta riders switching to the V20 and your testimony is in line with what I have read. I am really interested and would love to check it out before I commit to my next bike. Is there any chance you can email me pictures, stats, and asking price to me at etliving4him @ g mail . c o m

Thank you,
Eric

I suspect that if you'd only ever ridden a CA3, you would find little to complain about. It's design flaws only become really apparent when comparing it to something like the V20, and that's especially true if outright performance is high on your list. I'll contact you via e-mail with the information you asked for.

ETTampa

'You make a really good point. I am sure I would be completely happy with the CA3 given its speed, overall characteristics, and neck support which is why I', switching to begin with. However, I'd eventually try to transition anyway so I may as well do it now :) I look forward to your email

ETTampa

I suspect that if you'd only ever ridden a CA3, you would find little to complain about. It's design flaws only become really apparent when comparing it to something like the V20, and that's especially true if outright performance is high on your list. I'll contact you via e-mail with the information you asked for.
Greetings , did the email address work?

Osiris

Zen MBB Master
Greetings , did the email address work?

Sorry for the delay. All my photos of the V20 are stored on another website which for some reason I couldn't gain access to last night. I'll send you the links via e-mail right now.

Cruzer1

I put over 5000 miles on my Bacchetta CA3 and loved every minute of it, but after experiencing the V20, I never looked back. Everything about the V20 is just designed better, and it easily outperforms the Bacchetta in terms of outright speed and handling.

To answer your question, I live in Altamonte Springs, just North of Orlando. Let me know if you're interested.
Did you end up selling the bike? I live in Orlando and interested in buying one.