Your Opinion Of The Ventist Seat Pad

augiedog

I have been able to get out and ride now the last two week ends and I have to say 15 miles is about my limit before my butt starts to hurt making it uncomfortable to ride any further. So a little bit of history here. In June of this year I started working with a fitness coach at Crossfit and as of this morning I have lost 30 lbs. This is really exciting for me but not so exciting for my derriere' as I have lost some of the cushion in the old ba-dunk-a-dunk! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I am looking at the ventist seat pad and due to it's design and material is says it will offer more cushioning versus the stock cushion that comes on the bike . So my question here is if you have a ventist what are your thoughts,opinions pros/cons of this replacement pad?
Thanks you y'all have been a great help!

I use the Ventisit pad on my S40. For me, it gives a bit more cushion. It also allows sweat and air to mix better in the material giving a bit more cooling effect which is useful this week ;) I do want to caution it is not a perfect solution for me. I start to feel it after an hour or two on the trainer. Outside, it takes longer before I start to get uncomfortable.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I tried all manner of different foams on the stock seat but sadly when I swapped to a Ventist pad I did so along with a Thor seat so I can’t comment on how well the ventist works on the stock seat. I will say the Thor ventist combo instantly solved all my butt and tailbone pains.

Bruce B

I have used two Ventisit Comfort pads, one sized for the Vendetta stock seat and the other for a Thor seat. Both have been very comfortable and provide excellent ventilation, winter or summer. Shorts and tights do tend to wear more quickly.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Everyone should note what thickness ventist pad they chose because first I tried the thicker model and didn’t like how the extra center layer made me float around side to side on top. I ended up with the thinner of the two options and find it prefect. Someone else on here recently had a similar issue to mine and had to ether remove the extra center layer or zip tied all three together so they couldn’t shift around.

Everyone should note what thickness ventist pad they chose because first I tried the thicker model and didn’t like how the extra center layer made me float around side to side on top. I ended up with the thinner of the two options and find it prefect. Someone else on here recently had a similar issue to mine and had to ether remove the extra center layer or zip tied all three together so they couldn’t shift around.
I dont know which one I have, It's the one listed on Cruzbike's site but dont notice any squirming so far.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
The deluxe ventisit pad has an extra layer of that x10 fabric. It is possible to take the inside out of the deluxe and have the pad less spongy . That's what I have done. In winter I swap it out with a thick rubber sponge so you feel the power immediately. Not sure which bike you ride. Most of us put a lumber support under the ventisit pad too.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
The stock seat and cushion on my old Q work fine for me on rides up to 20 miles or so. I have a Thor seat and Venti-sit on the S30. I like the ventilation from the Ventisit, as well as its not holding water. If I get caught in the rain, I don't feel like I'm riding on a wet sponge all the way home.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
I had the same problem as Jason, so I took out the center piece and then zip strapped the pad to my stock seat that also has a wedge. Total transformation with no loss of comfort

jond

Zen MBB Master
Summer on a hard shell seat it’s a ventisit thin pad with vendetta oem seat. It’s abrasive to Lycra more so than oem pad. The ventisit also eventually shapes too after 50 thousand klm however the pad is otherwise like new. I’ve also made my own from ac 10 material. It’s easy to keep clean under the hose and breathes well enough. Compared to the new pelso brevet pad it has little compliance however again I have fitted a ventisit pad for the upcoming summer and for its proven longevity. The pelso pad is hideously expensive .