New profile posts

Hi Ratz
Just saw your recent post re gear for sale, don't suppose you have a used Tri rig font calliper brake up for grabs , never hurts to ask..
Cheers Bentas
So, Ratz, I am new to the Forum. How do I write a post? I don't see an option anywhere for starting a new post? Thanks.
castlerobber
castlerobber
Go into the specific forum you want to post in (Adventure Series, The Bike Rack, whatever). There'll be a "Post New Thread" button in the upper right, just below the search box. Click that to get started.
Still suffering from PTRD (Post Traumatic RAAM Disorder) - my awaking moment filled with a sense of urgency drilled into me over 6D 12H 26M.
Hi Bob,
Can you please suggest if there are people on the forum who managed to get a working Shimano 105/Ultegra build with a V20
without using extra spacers/washers/frame modifications?
Thank you very much!
Hi, I've recently started building a V20 with Shimano 105 groupset.
You seem to be succeeded with the build, so I need your advice!
I've got a Shimano 105 11S 50-34 chainset, and a braze-on FD.
However, there seems to be too much clearance between the FD cage and the biggest chainring... Can you please post a few close-up pictures of your chainring?
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Incidentally, one of my Quests is a V2 and I’d like to lock out the front shock; or replace it with a fixed one if those weigh less.
Can you assist me with those two pieces of information? (come to think of it, I’d also be curious as to weight difference between the short & long chainstays for the Quest)
Hope this finds you well and thanks for your time & insights! Bill
Hi Doug,
In looking at an older post on adjustment of the Diatech Comp headset, I’ve been meaning to relate that I find it preferable to invert the bike and position it in such a way that the headset is pretty much vertical. Else when upright I find that the offset angle of fork/wheel tends to cant things and makes it harder to adjust.
I presume this headset is still being used on QX100 and hence remains relevent?
Happy dance, my redesigned FLO 90's shipped today, 6 months tardy, let's hope they work this time.
Hi bob all set up for super coach ratz. Where do I start.
Tom, I locked mine down with a small hose clamp. Just pull the boot up and clamp the shaft.
Tom Roberts
Tom Roberts
Thanks. I've never looked under the boot so it may become obvious, but a picture of what you have done would be appreciated (if you have time).
Tom Roberts
Tom Roberts
Forget my above post (expect for the "Thanks". Ratz posted your picture of the mod.
Hey Robert, At the retreat you mentioned there was a way to lock down the front shock on the S30. ...knowledge which I never gleaned from you. Would you explain how to do that? I would like to see how different the bike feels and handles.
Thanks
Hi Bob, It was great meeting you this past weekend. I'm looking for a little more help with the Q rings we talked about. I found the "Q Ring Upgrade thread and followed the Jenson link. I'm not sure what tooth count I should get. ...34, 36,38, 44? Also, I looked on the Back Country website and did not see the Q Rings. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Tom Roberts
Tom Roberts
Bob, The q-ring arrived and I'm working on the installation. I would like to make sure it's in the correct position before reassembly. ...so, when the crank is in a horizontal position pointed forward there is one bolt hole just above it and one just below it. Should the #4 position on the ring go in the bolt hole above or below the crank. ( In the pictures on the q-ring thread it is below.) Thanks
ratz
ratz
#4 on the bolt below the crank. Or another way to say it the BOLT that leads the crank through it's revolution.
Tom Roberts
Tom Roberts
Thanks