Sebring 12/24 is on for 2022!

M.J

Pretty sure I'm in for the 12 hour.
Now I need to start training! I did my last hard effort on October 5th and have been down on miles and power since then.

Brad R

Turns out that my sons have midwinter break that weekend. My wife says we are going to Florida that weekend. I have permission to ride!

I will probably be riding my Freestyle this time, but it will be great fun to see everyone.

Turns out that the logistics won’t work for me after all. I might have to wait until I retire or my boys are out of school. Then I can take a driving vacation to make it easy to transport my bike. I hope to make it back in a year or two. Maybe I’ll have a Cruzbike again.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I just had right rotator cuff surgery, so will be in a sling for 6 weeks and doing PT for 6 after that. I would still like to go if possible, but I may need to be in the "1 armed category" since I will only be 2 months post surgery. I really hope they use a different timing system too than in the recent past. The one they have been using lately have "those huge matts we have to run over" are horrible for recumbents (and would be especially painful on a recovering shoulder surgery) - these are really meant for running races.
I have emailed the race coordinator and asked them what timing system they are using this year, but I have not heard back from them yet

Opik

I just had right rotator cuff surgery, so will be in a sling for 6 weeks and doing PT for 6 after that. I would still like to go if possible, but I may need to be in the "1 armed category" since I will only be 2 months post surgery. I really hope they use a different timing system too than in the recent past. The one they have been using lately have "those huge matts we have to run over" are horrible for recumbents (and would be especially painful on a recovering shoulder surgery) - these are really meant for running races.
I have emailed the race coordinator and asked them what timing system they are using this year, but I have not heard back from them yet

Cant they copy what the British Human power Club does with their devices? I watched the laid back bike reports on BHPC and how they conduct races.

McWheels

Off the long run
Cant they copy what the British Human power Club does with their devices? I watched the laid back bike reports on BHPC and how they conduct races.
I'd be careful what you wish for. The jam-powered Babbage Difference Engine requires a representative from the Dept of Questionable Ethics from Unseen University to operate it at all effectively. Even easier are things running races use. They have an expendable RFID attached to each number they give out to entrants. Once you pass through the start/finish line it's all automatic from there.

ed72

Zen MBB Master
Depending on what they did to your cuff, you might be able to race. GL to all the Cruz racers at Sebring.

Those timing speedbumps killed my neck on a bent, I had to stop the race to ice and eventually just had to stop. The flat strips at Borego Springs are much more friendly.

ed72

Zen MBB Master
Speedbumps on a race track ?
Interesting ...

They are yellow plastic bumps with timing chips on them. At the end of each lap on the race track going into the pit stop areas is one and on the intermediate distance course during the day there are 4 per lap IIRC. Not a big deal for most riders.....my neck is messed up

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
ED
Thanks for your reply.
Would you have a photo of Sebring's "timing" strips ...?

So sorry for your neck. Might research Saunders Device, 'neck stretcher' ... REALLY helps my spinal neck compression ...
ID