Sebring 12/24 is on for 2022!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Looks like Larry had to stop early---hope he is OK.

Looking forward to some write ups.
Briefly:
It was not a good day for me. Many mechanical (and other issues against me all day).
I started off on the Magic (ProtoType)
My handlebar somehow became loose and made steering very tentative and sloppy - I had had that problem in HHI and tightened it, but I think the roads were so rough here that it loosened up on the test rides on Friday and I did not check it.
I dropped the chain off the front ring at least 6 times - and had to chase down the lead group of 12 each time - which required a TT effort of about 8 mins each time. (This was during the 1st 75 miles or so of the race)
At 50 miles at the U-turn, there was a little traffic jam. I had to stand up and got a cramp in my left hamstring. The lead group was long gone again and I had to chase them down for that too.
At 90 miles my visor fell off - (of course we know that costs 1/2 mph in speed).
I finished the first 100 miles ( in 4:05:45) about 20 secs or so behind Jim so it was still a pretty good run, but I used a lot of energy chasing down the group so many times
Due to all those factors above I stopped 1/2 way around the 1st 11 mile-loop (after the 100 miles course), and decided to switch to my V20. I took the rear covered wheel off the Magic, and my Garmin and decided to ride that instead.
Well, I did not put the rear wheel on straight and the brake was rubbing. I could not keep up with "Cliff" - (we were working together and he actually stopped for me to switch while he replenished his bladders).
Anyway I could not even keep up with him while he was leading - even at max power for me. I told him to just take off without me after 1/2 lap of that.
I struggled back to the van after riding with the brake rubbing for 11 miles. Now I was really worn out between that and all that sprinting in the first 100 miles.
I fixed the brake rubbing issue and rode a couple more laps but I was just so tired and so far behind that it was just not fun anymore since I had burned all my matches and felt totally drained of energy.
To top it all off, once I shifted to my little ring to climb that only real hill it would not shift back to the big ring. That and the rain was the last straw!
So I stopped with 148 miles after 6 1/2 hours or so. A little disappointing after all that planning.

The great news is "Cliff" - ended up catching up with 3 lead riders after he left me, rode with them awhile, then pulled away from them and won the 12 hour event with 285 miles! Congrats Cliff!
I have video I am processing for most the ride - hopefully will upload it to YouTube and post the link next week.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Briefly:
It was not a good day for me. Many mechanical (and other issues against me all day).
My handlebar somehow became loose and made steering very tentative and sloppy - I had had that problem in HHI and tightened it, but I think the roads were so rough here that it loosened up on the test rides on Friday and I did not check it.
I dropped the chain off the front ring at least 6 times - and had to chase down the lead group of 12 each time - which required a TT effort of about 8 mins each time. (This was during the 1st 75 miles or so of the race)
At 50 miles at the U-turn, there was a little traffic jam. I had to stand up and got a cramp in my left hamstring. The lead group was long gone again and I had to chase them down for that too.
At 90 miles my visor fell off - (of course we know that costs 1/2 mph in speed).
I finished the first 100 miles ( in 4:05:45) about 20 secs or so behind Jim so it was still a pretty good run, but I used a lot of energy chasing down the group so many times
Due to all those factors above I stopped 1/2 way around the 1st 11 mile-loop (after the 100 miles course), and decided to switch to my V20. I took the rear covered wheel off the Magic, and my Garmin and decided to ride that instead.
Well, I did not put the rear wheel on straight and the brake was rubbing. I could not keep up with "Cliff" - (we were working together and he actually stopped for me to switch while he replenished his bladders).
Anyway I could not even keep up with him while he was leading - even at max power for me. I told him to just take off without me after 1/2 lap of that.
I struggled back to the van after riding with the brake rubbing for 11 miles. Now I was really worn out between that and all that sprinting in the first 100 miles.
I fixed the brake rubbing issue and rode a couple more laps but I was just so tired and so far behind that it was just not fun anymore since I had burned all my matches and felt totally drained of energy.
To top it all off, once I shifted to my little ring to climb that only real hill it would not shift back to the big ring. That and the rain was the last straw!
So I stopped with 148 miles after 6 1/2 hours or so. A little disappointing after all that planning.

The great news is "Cliff" - ended up catching up with 3 lead riders after he left me, rode with them awhile, then pulled away from them and won the 12 hour event with 285 miles! Congrats Cliff!
I have video I am processing for most the ride - hopefully will upload it to YouTube and post the link next week.

oh heck larry what an ordeal. Terrible run of outs mate. Sometimes it happens just not usually in such quick succession .

Could of been worse and you’re still smiling. That is the mark of Larry O the champion.

LarryOz

oh heck larry what an ordeal. Terrible run of outs mate. Sometimes it happens just not usually in such quick succession .
Thanks Jon - It's a great result if no accident or bleeding involved: :rolleyes:
I am hoping I got all my "bad luck" out of my system for the whole year. :D
Oh yeah - forgot to mention that I am also still recovering from Right Rotator Cuff surgery which was 8 weeks ago - 4 more weeks of intense PT before they truly cut me loose. :)

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Jeezus Larry! Sorry to hear that your race didn't go well. You still put in a massive effort and to do that well despite all that happened shows a ton of gumption. Hope you recover soon and put a good showing on the next event.

Opik

Briefly:

The very definition and real example of everything going wrong, even the backup plan

Nothing can be done and just need to let it go.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Maria and I haven't missed one (that hasn't been canceled) in ten years. This is good news. We always have a good time there.
Hey Jim, you usually try the new kit at seebring. Did you try out the new vendetta? I would like to see your race report. Pipped by 8 seconds ... very irritating but at that performance not much in it.

LarryOz

Here is my total video footage that I was able to recover from the Sebring 2020 event (5hr:14min)
The mishaps of the day were huge and prevented me from completing the entire 12-hours:
Also - unfortunately the first 54 min video file got corrupted and so we miss the 1st 30 mins of riding in the dark on the Sebring race track and also the first 20 mins on the road. We pick up the action around mile 22 54 mins into the race.
Key Events: (all times video times not actual event time -must add 54 min)
10min - 1st chain drop and ensuing TT effort to rejoin lead group.
1 hr - Chain drops 2, 3, 4, 5 in quick fashion and ensuing TT effort.
1hr:15min - turnaround and hamstring cramp - and ensuing TT effort.
1ht:57 - chain drop #6 and ensuing TT effort
2hr:3min - chain drop #7 (during effort to rejoin) - and continued effort
2hr:26min - high cadence riding to prevent chain drops
2hr:51min -lost visor after truing into headwind
3hr:5min - took lead for a few miles keep pace high
3hr14min - Final Century ride
3hr:33min - Switch to V20 - and ensuing 11 miles ride with brake issue
Thanks for watching; Strava link: https://www.strava.com/activities/6708246798/overview
I will post more condensed versions as I have time (and will also add my ride-report in a couple days

CruzLike

Guru
Here is my account.

Most years since 2016, I have been at Sebring. It is a great reason to escape Indiana in February. Prior to the event are a few months of steady training that can consume much of December and January.
This year was a little different. I could not feel the bit in my mouth to get ready and race. December came and went without beginning any sort of training plan. I wished Larry Oslund a Happy New Year and told him I was starting training tomorrow. I did follow through and began a short and necessary 6 week Zwift program January 1.
The Grand Fondo training program I used was just a little under the rigorous TrainerRoad mid level programs I have used in the past. I felt reasonably prepared until my last hard ride. It was 3:15hr at between 2 and 1.4w/kg. Pretty much an all day power level. Except, when I was finished, I was bushed. The average for the workout was 1.6w/kg. I expected to ride at a higher output during the coming event. I tried to shrug it off as a bad day.
As the ride approached, I kept an eye on the weather. It was just what I had ordered. Overcast to start becoming 75 and 10mph winds. This is the best forecast since I started coming. I was pretty amped up. I had visions of a 220 mile day.
At 6:15a most of the riders were present at the pre-race announcements. I was a little late to the meeting. I was just getting settled with about 5 minutes to race time.
At 6:30 sharp the horn sounded, and we were off. We rode 3 laps on the race track while we waited on the sun to rise enough for us to venture out on the streets safely. I was getting settled into the ride. Watching my wattage and speed. I didn't want to burn any matches early on this 12 hr event. As I was making laps on the track, I was waiting for my 20min. average watts to populate on my computer. After the second lap it popped up, 160watts. That was about 1.6w/kg. Not a hard start. Past years I have been closer to 2. I wanted to raise that number a little. As I rode, my average bounced around in the high 150's. An hour into the ride it was near 150, starting an expected trend.
The course in the morning is mostly an out and back course. We ride thought the orange fields and halfway around a lake. At that point, there is a sag stop and we turn around. One nice thing about the back tracking is you get to see the leaders pass you on their way back. With about a 5 mile lead there was a velomobile. Then there was a loan upright bike about a mile ahead of the pack of 8ish riders. This is where I saw Maria, Cliff and Jim flash by. Then just out of the pack was Larry on his Magic.
This part of the ride, my average watts was down into the 140s. I would occasionally see a rider in the distance and reel him in. Around the 60 mile mark, I passed Ron Thompson. He was on the side of the road watering something that he thought was dry.
A few miles down the road I noticed a bike coming up behind me. Ron had caught me. We rode together of the next 10 miles. We made it on to Arbuckle Creek road. Not everyone knows the name of the road, but everyone that has ridden the 100 mile loop "knows" this road. It is a seemingly endless (11 mile) segment out in the wind. This year it was amazing. There was a small tail wind that kept my speed up around 23-25mph. By that time Ron was ahead of me by 100 yards. He was the only one to pass me since the 15 mile mark.
After the downwind run, we changed direction to ride back to the track with a crossing headwind. Along that 7 mile stretch I yo-yo'd with Ron. As I approached the track and the end of the 100 mile loop, I had to begin "Jedi" mind games to keep me in the race. Mentally I was in and out of wanting to continue.
I finished the 100 mile loop at 4:39. That was just the pace I wanted. I stopped at the pits to get a fresh water bottle. I told my wife Lisa that I wasn't feeling it today. I thought I might shake it off when I rode the 11mile loop. I made it 3/4 of the lap and called it. My watts were down, my knees were sore and I wasn't having fun. To gain just a little bit of pride, I chased down 2 riders that were drafting me previously and drug them to the track. I dropped my pace. As they passed me, they were out of their seats powering away. That was a stark contrast to the way I felt.
I finished my lap and called it a day. I was bummed. All the prep and hopes of good results on ideal weather conditions were down the drain.
As I rested in the Cruzbike tent, Jim told me of his success in the 100 race. He is an outstanding cyclist. Look for his ride report. After I caught my breathe, I began to help Robert and Jim with supporting Maria's ride. She is a dyna-mo. A never ceasing bundle of pedaling energy. She goes where few will follow. Keep your eye's pealed or her ride report.

The take-aways:
I drank infinite energy drink. it did not upset my stomach.
Since I have now had time to reflect on this ride. Boosting my "T" levels would have helped my performance. Without it I tell myself I feel fine (normal). But really I'm down on strength. Hmm,

Sebring 2022 | Ride | Strava

McWheels

Off the long run
That's a very honest report. We can probably learn more from it than when everything went well. My initial reaction is that you didn't get to a level of fitness you want, and in your case it may need to start earlier than others? Alternatively, is there a way you can get to the level you want earlier and more gently and then maintain it more easily than building to it? Or do you peak harder, but taper earlier? Have you done either of those approaches before?

LarryOz

Here is my ride report and video links:

Here is my ride report for my 2022 Sebring event that took place on Feb 19, 2022

I was riding in the 12-hour event.

Prior to the event I prepped and rode my “Magic” (Cruzbike/John M prototype FWD-MMB), and my V20.

Background: I was not in the best of shape this year due to having 3 stents in my LAD back in June and I have been on Blood Thinners and Beta blockers and prevented from doing any “really intense” riding since then. I also had right shoulder rotator cuff surgery just 8 weeks ago and was also still recovering from that. Nevertheless, I have been riding in Sebring since 2015, since I started doing ultracycling just before that time and hated to miss it.

On Thur evening Gayle and I drove to Sebring to stay with our good friends Gail and Jerry Melendy (whom we met in church the day after the 2017 Sebring event (That year I went down after a front flat tire on the first 11 mile loop after the Century and spent the entire afternoon in the ER for a dislocated right shoulder)

Cliff Federspiel and I met Friday morning so I could show him the specifics of the 11-mile loop and so we could ride it together. Our plan was to try and ride together the entire event if it worked out. The record was 276 miles and I felt sure if we could have a strong Century (24+ mph) and then worked together the rest of the day we could surpass that.

We drove the 11-mile loop once in the car so we could check it all out and then we rode 2 laps, each leading 1 lap so we could at least have a little feel for how it would be. Everything appeared to be fine, but I could not shift into my 11-tooth gear which proved problematic when going downhill with the wind and as I was pedaling too fast for comfort.

We parted at noon to meet up in the evening for registration.

I spent the afternoon working on the Magic. I finally got the RD adjusted so I could shift through all the gears well. I did not test it at high speed though as I did not want to put any more miles on my legs plus did not really have anyone to ride with at those speeds. I also adjusted the seat a little higher (16 degrees) just to make it a little more comfortable (although less aero). I had never ridden the Magic for more than 100 miles, and it gets a little hard laying back that low for extended periods. I also had some extra time, so I mounted my Garmin VIRB to the top of my helmet. Never done that before - so it will be interesting to see how it turns out and how it will affect my aero.

Registration time is always great as you get to see most everyone you know will be riding the next day.

Sleep came hard that night - probably due to anxiousness. Woke up at 5am- got everything ready and Gayle took me down to the start at 6pm. I rode around a little bit to warm up. I usually had Gayle meet me up at the turnaround to hand me fresh bottles, but this year I was able to carry 5 bottles in the rear case I made so I told her she could meet me after the 100 miles.

Promptly at 6:30am we all started. It was not cold this year: about 68 and muggy and VERY foggy which meant you could not wear your visor or your glasses. This made the 3 laps around the racetrack in the dark a little more unnerving! I managed to hang with the lead group as we went around. The track seems to get rougher every year - it is especially so on a recumbent. Unfortunately, my handlebars were already loose and sloppy by the time we headed out on the open road. I wish I would have double checked them and really tightened them up extra right before I took off. I regret that now and will not make the mistake again.

We appeared to have a group of about 12-15 riders that made it out from the track loops and stayed together when we got on the road course. There were 6 recumbents ridden by: Myself, Jim and Maria Parker, Cliff Federspiel, Kent Polk, and John Schlitter. There were at least 6 uprights too, but the only 2 riders I knew were Mark Baloh and Ryan Collins. Everyone was really interested in how Marko and Ryan would do in the event.

Everything was fine although I was having a little anxiety over my handlebar being lose and sloppy. This made me not want to ride really close to anyone, so I mostly hung off the back. It also made my turns quite tentative and slower than normal, so I always tended to fall back after a turn and had to catch up. The group was averaging nearly 25mph which was a great speed so I was pleased about that. I had a couple small 1 min solo TT efforts to catch the group as a lagged behind after a couple turns but nothing extreme.

Then the craziness started as we were flying north about 26 miles into the ride. (We had turned left onto Riverdale a few miles before). Suddenly my chain dropped off my ring and lodged between the ring and the guard. Lovely! I tried to coax it back on with my foot for about 30 secs and almost caught my toe in the wheel. I finally stopped and had to put the chain back on. Now I was 65 seconds behind the group. At the speeds we were going that was almost ½ mile I needed to make up! So, I took off in full TT chase mode. After 9 grueling minutes I finally caught them!

I was so amazed that I was actually able to run them down. – but the cost was high on the energy depletion chart! Then I settled into normal riding again and tried to rest up. We all rode together with no issues heading north to the Reedy Lake loop. We turned right onto TS Wilson (around 45 mile) and started the small descent that was there as we headed counterclockwise around the lake.

As we started downhill, I shifted into my 11-tooth gear because I was going to need it for these 35+mph speeds were where going to hit. The second I shifted to the 11-tooth gear my chain popped off – yes, again! I could not believe it. Chain drop #2. There goes the group again. I was a little lucky this time though since we were going slightly downhill as I knew I would not lose as much time since I did not coast to a stop. I even managed to coax the chain on with my foot this time! But, as soon as I started pedaling it dropped off and jammed again (drop #3), and again I managed to eventually get it back on the ring with my foot without having to stop. I started pedaling again – yes, only to have it fall off and jam for a yet again (drop #4) – I once again miraculously got it back on with my foot and started pedaling again. I started laying into the power to “yes- you guessed it” – chain drop #5 (and 4th in the span of 2 ½ minutes)- OK, this is getting really nuts now! I was getting pretty good now getting it back on and did it again, so I never had to stop (but did slow down considerably). I sure lost a ton of time though. I did get a little smart and shift out of the 11-tooth gear this time too and then took off in TT mode again! Who knows how far ahead they are now after 4 chain drops! All I could do was ride as hard as I could and try and catch them again. And believe it or not – I managed to reconnect with the group after about 8 more minutes of full TT effort. I know I was burning my matches fast, but I did want to finish with this group if at all possible.

Now we were just a couple miles from the turnaround (at the north end of Reedy Lake) and I was dreading it as it is always a train-wreck. This time did not disappoint. Everyone slowed way down, and all the recumbents had to pretty much stop and stand up since the pace was near zero! When I put my feet down and tried to stand up and walk my bike around the U-turn, my left hamstring cramped up. I could not believe it – How many more “issues” was I going to have today! Only 51 miles into the day and I have already had 5 chain drops and now 1 cramp. I screamed out in pain and 2 wonderful bystanders came to my aid and at least prevented me from hitting the deck. I am pretty sure Amada Cooker was one of them! Thanks, Amanda, for helping me! I laid there on my bike (while they held it for me) and massaged my left hamstring for about 30 seconds or so, and finally got it to loosen up a bit. I took off again for my 3rd TT effort in just an hour. Once again, I was not sure how far they were ahead of me or if I could catch them. 11 strong riders working together are almost impossible to catch! Well – if you can believe it – once again I caught them after another 7-minute TT effort.

Wow – I was starting to feel a little fried now and wondering how much longer I could keep this up. I really tried to make sure to not be in my 11-tooth gear as we continued on. We rode up the incline on the Clockwise route back from the turnaround and all turned left of Sangster Rd to head south back to Sebring.

We all hung around together as a 12-rider group again for the next 8 miles. We were heading downhill again after a little climb, and I mistakenly shifted to my 11-tooth gear (bad choice) to be able to stay with the group. I prayed the chain would stay up – but no – it dropped off again (Drop #6). We were at about mile 60. I got it back on with my foot again after about 30 secs and started chasing again. 5 mins into the chase it popped off again – (Drop #7) – I was so tired of this – It was a quick recovery with my foot that time again too. This time a truck that had been doing a rolling SAG kind of blocked me from getting back as quick as I wanted to. Oh Well.

We all rode together as a group and finally make the left turn onto Arbuckell Creed Rd. We had a bit of tailwind and now we were flying down the road at 27-28mph (avg) for the next 11-12 miles. It was amazing. My problem now was that there was no way I was going to risk a chain drop at these speeds, so I did not shift down into my 11-tooth gear. Problem was I was just spinning so fast now, especially on slight downhills (over 100rpm). At that low of a seat angle, it was hard for me to do and I was just shaking and bouncing quiet a lot. But I managed to hold on and did not have another chain drop.

At mile 91 we turned left onto route 66 which is extremely busy and had a pretty hefty headwind now. My visor flew right off with a gust which was just one more nail in my bad day coffin. Losing a visor costs me about 1/2mph – maybe more into a headwind. The group continued to ride together but also continued to slow down substantially. Of the 12 riders in the group, I only think 2 of them were in the Century race (Tim Valencia (on an upright), and our very own Jim Parker. With about 3 miles left to go I took the lead to push the pace a little since everyone had slowed down to about 20mph. Partly due to the wind, but Tim was also leading and was also slowing down to conserve his energy for the sprint at the end. I was hoping Jim and the other bents would latch onto me and force the pace and help lead Jim out. We finally turned right on Haywood Taylor which meant just a little more than a mile to go. About ½ mile later Tim and Jim passed me on the left and took off on their own private chase. Tim eventually edges out Jim for the victory (by 6 secs) but they each set a record in their category: Jim now has the Century Record at 4:05:41.

I came across at 4:06:00 as did most everyone else within about 10-15 sesc of each other. We all grouped back together after the pit area and started the 11-mile loop together. The conditions were perfect and could not have really gone any better (at least for everyone else) – for me, not so much due to all the TT efforts I had because of my issues.

Cliff and I had planned to stop around the 5 ½ mark for him to replace his bladders for fueling. I told him I wanted to stop sooner at the top of the hill to switch bikes due to the handlebar being so loose and the chain dropping as I knew it would continue to be a problem.

So, we stopped at the top of the hill (around mile 6) on the first lap of the 11-mile loop. Here I made another wrong decision. I wanted to use my FLO disc wheel off the Magic, so I also swapped that out which also took extra time. I also did not get it centered well and my brake was rubbing but I did not catch it until later. I did not really know it was a major issue until we started down airport road, and I could not keep up with Cliff even at my max power. Often one bad decision leads to more and instead of stopping and fixing it right when I knew it was a problem, I just kept riding. I could have even stopped at the pit and asked Robert to do it at the Cruzbike tent, but I just kept on riding and riding. About 1 mile later I told Cliff to just go on without me. I had totally worn myself out trying to keep up with him and was holding him back. =

Yet again, instead of stopping then and trying to fix it, I rode it another 6 miles to the top of the 11-mile loop where our vans were and fixed it then. By that time, I was exhausted and had lost some much time and distance. I did not quit though right then, but I did take more time – got the wheel mounted ok, swapped out my power pedals and had some food. It turned into a 10min pitstop! When I started up again, I was hoping I would feel rejuvenated, but I really didn’t. I kept going but my real power was gone and I was feeling really crummy. The straw that broke the camel’s back I think was when I finally had to shift into the little ring to get up the hill and it would not shift back to the big ring on the way down. I had to stop at the stop sign and do it by hand. I told Gayle I would finish the lap at the track and was quitting after that. She drove down and got me.

In the end I only road 148 miles. Total time 6:34, with a total of 16 mins stopped.

A disappointing end to a (short) day filled with issues for me. It was a major accomplishment to stay with the lead group after all those chain drops and cramp though. I guess I just rode the wrong race this year.

Final note: After Cliff left me (at the beginning of the 2nd 11-mile loop, it only took him about 15 miles to catch Marko, Ryan, Kent, and John. I watched it on the flyby – it was an amazing catch. And to make it even more amazing, he rode about 10 more laps with them all and then took off on his own and eventually had a 3-mile lead by the end of the day. The results do not show that because the race organizers made Cliff go down and back the pit area at the end of his final 11-lap, but for some reason they did not require that of Marko, Ryan, Kent, and John. (It was a 3+ min advantage to them) This basically gave them all the needed time to complete their final 3.7-mile Sebring track lap with about a minute to spare. Cliff missed his by only 13 secs or he would have been credited with another 3.7 miles to his total. Initially they had Cliff in 4th place because of this “lap oddity” as they had given full credit for the final 11-mile loop to everyone else. However, after some “detailed explaining by me” and looking at the time marks they finally figured it all out and gave Cliff the win. He deserved it. The final results are skewed a little as it looks like Cliff beat them by only 1.3 miles, but he was really over 3 miles ahead of them. Congrats Cliff on a most amazing race and result!

Thanks again to my wonderful wife Gayle who supported me, our good friends Jerry and Gail Melendy for hosting us, and the Lord for keeping me safe and off the pavement. It was great to see all my Cruzbike tribe friends, and all my other fantastic ultra-cycling friends at this event.

Here is my Strava link: https://www.strava.com/activities/6708246798

Here is a link to my full 5+ hour Youtube video: https://youtu.be/Rb07jsVIspg

Here is a shortened version of the Century with many parts sped up:

(Sadly the first 54 min video file was corrupted so the terribly exciting 30 mins around the Sebring track in the dark and fog is omitted as well as the next 20+ min on the road.

Thanks for reading my tale,

Larry

LarryOz

Here are a few pics and videos:
Larry, Cliff and Jim at start:
2022 Sebring at Start.jpg

Larry turning a corner:
2022 Sebrnig - Larry on Magic-2.PNG
clip_image001.png

Larry and Maria in a paceline:
2022 Sebring - Larry and Maria.PNG

A few videos of lead group riding:

Exiting the Sebring track after 3 loops – around 7am:

Short clip of group about 2 hours into the race: https://fb.watch/brGOj8Hc2f/

Short clip of group about 3 hours into the race: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4812647082152868

Last edited:

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I want to post a kudos to all those who raced. I was there as crew and support - and every time I am there I am in awe at the accomplishments you all turn in.

After the start - I gathered up a few things and headed out onto thew course to set up a possible stop around the 80 mile mark. By the time Jim and the rest of the train were in sight I knew there wasn't going to be any stopping. They FLEW by me as I clicked off a bunch of photos.

Then it was high tailing it back to the track - and near by the time I parked and started walking back to the crew tent and van the Cruzbike train once again FLEW past me as if they appeared out of a time warp - headed to the finish line. I was totally taken by surprise.

Huge props and looking forward to next year to see what record might fall.

Robert