2023 Cruzbike Summer Challenge

Thanks Larry for catching the typo. July 30 should be Aug 1. I will give you an extra day. This will be a short day though. I'm typing this at 8pm EDT. You have until 12pm EDT to get started.

Jeff is aware of my updated time. Don't know about Matt.
The portal was closed Aug. 1st but I wasn't going to redo it anyway. Accumulated fatigue is too high, time to get back to some longer zone 2 work.
I learned quite a bit about pacing of power production within one's own ranges from this challenge. I should have applied what I learned better to my second run up Trebiac , but that just reinforces the lesson. Thanks all for organizing and participating in another successful community challenge. @trplay should look forward to more recruits and veterans in better condition for the coming Zwift racing season! ;)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I might ask Lucia at Cruzbike to design a special "Cruzbike" Jersey for this Challenge like she did for all the challenges that I have done since 2017. We would need a by-in from everyone who is interested. I suspect the cost to be around $60. Please reply to me at larryoslund@gmail.com with your interest. Thanks, Larry

I might ask Lucia at Cruzbike to design a special "Cruzbike" Jersey for this Challenge like she did for all the challenges that I have done since 2017. We would need a by-in from everyone who is interested. I suspect the cost to be around $60. Please reply to me at larryoslund@gmail.com with your interest. Thanks, Larry
Larry, I'll pass on the jersey but do have a design suggestion.
With the original t-shirt prize for besting our challenger up all eight hills I had thought, before I fell short on Trebiac, that I would add an inscription to my t'shirt for the next Cruzbike retreat. Since Ken is one of my favorite riding partners and I figured he might appreciate and tolerate a bad joke, I was going to put the phrase: "Hey, how ya doin' back there , Ken?", on the back of my right shoulder so it could be read as I passed. Alas, my sick sense of humor is stronger than my legs. ;) Lucia can use it as she may.

Matt101

That last ride has been logged. All riders have completed the challenge. Hip! Hip! hooray.
View attachment 15284

I'm still plan to attempt Trebiac again. It might be a big reach to make it to Jeff's time. We'll see.
Just noticed the update. Grrrr. did not have time to try again! But well done Ken. It was a good challenge to push us all. Think we have all got something out of it.

CruzLike

Guru
Hi All
The dust has settled from this challenge. Many have already moved onto other training. So, it's time to wrap this thing up.

Congratulations to Larry Oslund and Derek Minner. You are both "Faster than Ken" and have earned a brand new Cruzbike T-shirt. Please DM shirt size and home address to myself.

To all others, better luck next year. As stated before. This was more fun before I started climbing to big ones. You all have my respect for completing this challenge. This was optional and you choose to endure. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I would like to add a surprise to all the contestants. I need all of your email addresses. I have a few. Matt, Jeff and Jim. Please DM me your e-address.

Don't worry, I'm not spamming you. but it is a great opportunity in a ground floor position in a network marketing program.
Not really.