T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Seems like the T50 bottom-bracket is lower than it's seat pan, while the V20 BB is typically higher than the seat pan. To replicate the V20 riding position you might remove the T50's rear wheel, lower the rear of the bike, and figure a way to support it at the proper height. Then perhaps rig a V20 seat onto the T50 frame.
If mounting on an indoor trainer, where weight shift to the rear does not matter, then you could also move the seat base rearward, rotate the BB upwards and rearward to keep the same distance from the seat back and base to the BB as before.
Lower the seat back to 21 degrees. The rear clamping stays might need to be shortened!
You might need a 451 (22") or a 406 (20") rear wheel to allow for the 21 deg seat back, and pack the wheel up!
You would also have to reverse and lower, the steerer stem, and possibly buy a new one of different length, so the hand position is the same as on the Vee!

Balor

Zen MBB Master
You might need a 451 (22") or a 406 (20") rear wheel to allow for the 21 deg seat back, and pack the wheel up!

Note that will mess up with steering geometry. I really think that if you want a 'Vendetta-like' bike and willing to do custom fabrication, you might as well ask to fabricate yourself a frame from scratch. It WILL be heavy, though. But when it comer to power delivery, comfort (make you get a good seat) and aerodynamics it will be pretty close.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
If it's fixed I bet you could buy or fabricate a seat stay for your desired angle.
+1
Modifying the seat stays is the only way to vary the seat angle without changing the bike geometry. I was hoping it could vary from 50 deg to 35 deg. But I understand it was targeted and intended for the general public many of whom will ride in urban areas.
As long as the overall weight is low and the price is friendly to the entry level cyclist then (seat stays) modifications can be done later.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
It will be interesting to see the price points for the various configurations. Traditionally, the cheapest offering will be what hot-rodders (like me) will go after. I would expect that to be the "Bare Bones Kit" or "BBK". It would be nice to have a really complete set of specs on that for planning purposes. :D

KneeDrachen

My wife and I were discussing the T50 last night after dinner, for the right pricepoint we might be interested in a pair. Me for commuting and utility, her to finally get her back on a bike after the discomfort of riding a DF.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I noted that there is no mount point for a braze-on front derailleur. Can a clamp on derailleur work or is the boom tube too thick?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
A clamp on can be used - same as how we use on the QX100 and the old Quest. The cable roller for the DR can mount just underneath the boom as it does on those models as well.

Robert

When someone gets to that point; I can post links to buy those parts as I used them on my Quest v2 reclamation projects, works well if you want to chase that setup on the Q's. So they should work well on the T50

Rampa

Guru
I would very much like to know the diameter of the two boom tubes? I'm one who would be modding the boom to be more Silvio/Vendetta-like. I have a recumbent boom (from my Performer) that just might be a good size for the upper section.

DavidJL

If the T50 is used as a tryout bike, you should try to go to a 1-by setup. I am thinking about using the parts I took off my QX to make a 1-by-9. Tried that on the QX, but chain tended to come off. The other option is to use the NuVinci wheel I built up, and use a chain tensioner. Adjusting the boom does change the chainstay length since the front is not a true triangle. I am betting that the inner boom tube will be the same as on the QX, 1.242 inches or so.

Reactions: joy

Suz

This is a beautiful addition to the cruzbike line. I am trying to convert my girlfriend who has struggled with numb fingers and hands while riding so I'm waiting anxiously on the price.

Of course her first comment was "cute bags" (sigh) but hey if it helps makes the sale ...

Nice job cruzbike team.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Looking at the geometry, and this is very much intended to be a city/commuter/touring bike! It is strikingly similar to the Kervelo Bike without the expensive Pinion sealed gearhub!

Cruzbike should also do a high quality T50 action video on a town street with some shopping loaded in the bags.

Last edited:

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
The decade-old original Sofrider V1 works as well for me as it ever has.
For the T50 to come close to replacing my Sofrider?
It would need the seat to recline to at least 20 degrees and have the bottom bracket
up in the same plane as my hips... more custom work.
If the T50 had a stronger front end like it's stablemates the Vendetta and the Silvio,
it would make it much more attractive to me.

I could recommend the T50 to anyone who asks, but no one asks me!

Please don't give me one.
I'm very happy with my bikes.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I saw many recumbents in Florida in February with a dog seat on the back with a little dog looking over the shoulder of the rider. Now that's a shot that would sell a million T50s.

Suz

So I'm curious how this differs from the old Sofrider, aside from the beautiful design and no shock that I can see? Any input or should I wait for the spec's to come out? :)

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The T50 runs 26" wheels, no 700c this go round.

If it can accommodate 2.5" tires on a 26" wheel, it can accommodate a 32mm tires on a 700c wheel (normally these are roughly same diameter).
I have no idea if it can accommodate a 2.5" tire, mind you, because I know little about it other than I hope it succeeds!