Team Cruzbike RAAM 2017

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Next T-shirt slogan "The prairie belongs to Larry".
Great job guys
this.... today is the day the fakers fail; all the stress is on the system. Crews break on day 5 or they come off the ropes swinging. There are 20 people behind the scenes that got off the mat this morning; having slept 2-3 hours, and came out swinging. The little sleep they get doesn't even include A/C just a smelly teammate and a 90F bed. If you can turn down you A/C for one night or convince someone else to do so and put that savings into a donation we can move that needle which at times get's stuck in neutral just like our competition in our rear view mirror
poll
Almost across the border ... again! WOO HOO team 3K miles to a cure. :emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada:
p
Looks like they have about 20 mi more on top of the plateau and then a long descent to TS48, Cumberland MD. They should pick up a little time on the GermanG8tors in the descent. However, the G8tors appear to be about 40 mi ahead, posting an overall average of 20.21 mph. Team Cruzbike's overall average is 19.88 mph at the moment.

TS48 = 217 miles from the finish! GO GO GO GO!

Last edited:

Suz

Congratulations team and crew. I loved the videos and especially the one of the awake crew members chatting. You gave us a great picture of what was happening. Looking forward to rider and crew comments as well.
Now to follow and cheer on the 4 dudes!

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
Thank you for sharing a bigger than Ben hur experience.

Truly beautiful guys.

Heartfelt congratulations.

You showed us what humanity and teamwork can achieve through love and sacrifice

Inspiring stuff of legend.

And I bet Maria is glad to share the load with her wonderful team this time

super slim

Zen MBB Master
That's the Suburban follow car it always there we had two. If you watch the videos they are always there. Lief has dubbed her the "Lumberton"
Are You home yet, as it would only be an 8 hour??

GREAT Support for the riders, and looking at all those Large wheeled plastic boxes, I think that even the kitchen sink was in there!

Is there ANY thing extra or different, that you could have brought to help in an unexpected event?

Was there any unexpected failures or wear, other than smashing a Carbon rim on a railway crossing?

Did any of the support Vans stay in motels O/Night, and is this when the chains were rewaxed, as I could not see how it could be done in a moving van?!!!

Did the multi LED light on the Van help the rider see the road?

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Time to update larry's profile picture
I like that in Larry's new profile picture, he's in top gear (big chainring up front, littlest cog in back). I would suspect that means he is simply smokin' down the road at that point...gotta be above 35mph (56kph).

What bothers me is that he appears to have been caught doing all of the above apparently without breaking a sweat, calm and focused. Walk in the park.

Put me in the seat in that picture and my eyeballs would be buggin' out, my tongue hangin' out and my face would be red from lack of oxygen. If this were a big downhill, my mouth would be open...as I would be screaming in terror. :eek::)

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I would be screaming in terror. :eek::)
That's the funny thing. Some persons torture is pleasure. They just got their receptors aligned differently. But you know... things can change. Try getting up a few days of the week and do 100 miles on the trainer before going to work and you too can have your receptors aligned differently. ;)

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Goodness, how wide are those dang rumble strips? I'd hate to have to transition across those...

-Eric

Out here in CA that seems to be the normal width but get this,in my area the rubble strip is starts 8" to the right of the white line. So nearly 2' of your bike lane is killed off by rumble strip.

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Being as today's cars automatically warn of lane departure, the days of the rumble strip are hopefully numbered.