Team Cruzbike RAAM 2017

jond

Zen MBB Master
Cruzbike once again sets one of the fastest 4 team times through the Sullivan leg. Let us not forget the Cruzbike has Australian dna.

Too bloody right mate fair dinkum Aussie battler know how speed machine. Faster than a Torana mate.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Nice pics Abbott everyone looks so happy and Jim looked as fresh as a daisy and as fit as Maria. All that training to become the cruzbike machines is paying off.
Such a wonderful story here. On all levels.

Now stop loligagging around and smash out your collective best.

You beaut little rippers go team go go go.

SamP

Guru
CruzBike 3kc have two largish climbs to put them on top of the Appalachian mountain ridge, if they keep some lead over the Aussies or even if they fall behind a little bit they should retain/regain the lead to the end of the race (barring some disaster). I think it's barely possible, though highly unlikely Cruzbike 3kc will overtake the GermanG8tors two hours ahead.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Looks like they have about 20 mi more on top of the plateau and then a long descent to TS48, Cumberland MD. They should pick up a little time on the GermanG8tors in the descent. However, the G8tors appear to be about 40 mi ahead, posting an overall average of 20.21 mph. Team Cruzbike's overall average is 19.88 mph at the moment.

TS48 = 217 miles from the finish! GO GO GO GO!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Ok, about 5 mi to the top of the ridge (2,700 ft altitude) and then about 18 miles to descend 2,000 ft. Nothing like flying down out of Wolf Creek Pass...but it still should be a quick trip!

The live tracker has the Cruzbike team about 190 miles from the finish.

The recumbent mixed 50-59 RAAM record is 6 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes. They started on Saturday at 3:13pm EDT so have to finish before 3:55am EDT tomorrow morning, assuming they have no time penalties. Go cruzbike3kc, you can get it done!!!!

Reactions: Suz

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
What's the deal with this orange road in the live tracker. Is Cruzbike off course?

Construction detours.

Here's what you didn't see. An all night pulling session in a torrential downpour. We had an emergency driver swap and I had the pleasure of driving for Larry and Kevin as they ground out these massive climbs with semi trucks buzzing by at 2:30am. We survived the flood, a pair of lost eye glasses on the high way, a found pair of glasses on the highway (larry very happy) sleep deprivation, seeing double and Kevin riding in a pink coat. Big props to Gretchen for getting us a photo op of kevin in Pink

Right now, just, we are just as we are prepping for the final run at the record book. The Suburban follow car decided to get complicated at the last minute with a flat tire. That's changed and we are charging down hill for the finish line.

This team has put it all out there for the record and for the charity. The < 50% goal has been very disappointing for many of us; the amount of time the team format takes versus a solo leaves little time for spreading the word. So one last time if you know anyone that can help donate for this cause spread the word. This might be only time this is attempted for quite a while it would a be shame to leave the job less than 1/2 done. So same thing I told my entire family; skip that pizza dinner or night at the movies and help us out if you found any of this entertaining and get at least one friend to match you. The stories that we will have to tell in the coming weeks are going to be epic because it's been epic.

Last edited:

Suz

Ditto, the four Dudes are ahead in fundraising. We can't really let them have youth and a higher donation can we? Seriously, any little bit helps.

Brad R

I was procrastinating during my busy week. I just made a donation so that it would get there before the team finishes.

I have really enjoyed following the progress.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I just went to check on Cruzbikes progress and ALL spot transmitters are saying no progress in 1hr 2 mins + The Trans Am spot transmitters are out as well!!!

Are you guys on the other side seeing spot recorder positions???

Last edited:

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Lots of bad weather coming into that area. Might be causing problems with the tracking. The live tracker looks like it is stuck on .9mi from TS51 but the results page shows they have checked in at TS52 (at 00:41...I'm thinking that was local time, about an hour ago). The Estimator sez they have about 15mi to the finish...once they hit TS53. ETA at TS53 is "2:23", which is about an hour and 10 minutes from now (it is 12:10am here).

Last edited: